Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Made in America

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by DirtyMerg, Apr 25, 2020.

1. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

2. Rice Hunter

Rice Hunter Elite Refuge Member

Are those froglegs equivalent to hip boots or are they just chaps sewn on a rubber boot? Very interesting. Might call the company.

3. BigSkyDuk

BigSkyDuk Senior Refuge Member

Same question... never heard of “froglegs” in this manner. Maybe it’s just a weird regional word for hip waders.

4. Rice Hunter

Rice Hunter Elite Refuge Member

Spoke to the guy at their flagship store and he says they are completely waterproof and can be used as hip boots. Duck hunting, trapping, etc are the most common purchasers. You have to buy through dealer or call their store there in OH to order. Oh yeah, the five star are their most light weight ones.

THEIRCOMMITED10 likes this.
  5. Vahunter

Vahunter Elite Refuge Member

Y'all are complicating my life with questions.LOL. I have the briar-proof pants to wear on man drives for deer and trying to flush bunnies. The company caters to coon hunters.....not sure what the frog legs are. For you Virginia guys, Dance's Sporting Goods in Colonial Heights is a dealer.

6. Hockey Sandals

Hockey Sandals New Member

Nice! Didn’t know about them, only a couple hours from me, definitely be buying from them in the future.

7. Vahunter

I'm most pleased and surprised to have been the one to tell you guys about them. I got my pants from a local brick and mortar retailer, so I got to look at examples of their products - great stuff.

THEIRCOMMITED10 likes this.
  8. THEIRCOMMITED10

THEIRCOMMITED10 |Moderator Fishing|Call Sponsor| Sponsor Moderator

I for one really appreciate your post . I’ve searched high and low for Made in USA never once ran across Dans Hunting Gear .

I called their shop in Ohio today and talked to Kevin . Real good guy I will be placing an order for their hip waders which they call Frogleggs I think . As well as their briar jacket or shirt . I do a lot of property work and hunting in thick timber swamp type environments these sound like what I’ve been looking for for years . Time will tell , I’ll report what I find .

Ducker 4 Ever likes this.
  9. Vahunter

Well, I live and hunt in the South. We have thick briar patches here around edges, in clear cuts, etc. They tear everything up. We do man drives and so forth; a lot of popular lines of clothing get torn up quickly. Dan's is by far the best for that.

10. Missy Skeeter

Missy Skeeter Senior Refuge Member

Simms Waders are manufactured in Bozeman, MT

Kifaru, ExoMtn, SeekOutside, packs are manufactured in Colorado

Alpacka pack rafts are manufactured in Colorado

Here in interior Alaska
    Apocalypse Design manufactures cold-weather clothing and gear