Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Made In USA

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by THEIRCOMMITED10, Jun 29, 2020.

1. goosenazi

goosenazi Elite Refuge Member

http://www.wildlifeoutdoors.com/OrderForm.htm

I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on 12-15 dz

2. THEIRCOMMITED10

THEIRCOMMITED10 |Moderator Fishing|Call Sponsor| Sponsor Moderator

Nazi I’ve tried , although not recently going that method through their website . And I’ve never received a reply . Let me know if you hear anything .

goosenazi likes this.
  3. brentbullets

brentbullets Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

No, they do not. I got 5 dozen of what was probably the last production run and that was in 2009. Had to beg to get Jason to make them. He was a 1 man operation and just couldn't compete with the mass produced competition. I was able to also buy a couple of dozen last year from a guy on this site. By far the best sleeper out there. I also have 5 dozen Dakota's which IMO are the best ones available out there now. They stack much better then any of the others. I have had those for at least 5 years.

You won't get any response from website. I used to have Jason's cell but lost it when I lost a phone, this was before the cloud and I had a smart phone. Myself and a buddy want to buy the molds and business. He used to live in Broken Bow, NE, maybe still does but I haven't been able to track him down.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    THEIRCOMMITED10 likes this.
  4. 2WIDGN

2WIDGN Senior Refuge Member

5. brentbullets

I think I paid about $185 a dozen and I picked them up in Broken Bow at Jason’s house.

6. THEIRCOMMITED10

THEIRCOMMITED10 |Moderator Fishing|Call Sponsor| Sponsor Moderator

Thanks for the heads up Brent . That’s a shame he pulled out of business , I figured he had as I’d tried him several times over the years and never received a reply and I think the phone number I had is now a dog grooming service .

He was just a little bit ahead of his time and may have missed the sleeper “boom” to make it worth his while . Sleeper shells have become a pretty popular staple in guys spreads the last couple years . Best of luck to you and your buddy if you buy the business keep me in mind .

7. thatguy2

thatguy2 Elite Refuge Member

I have some of those mag sleepers. Can stand on them and they dont break. Toughest around imo. Wish he was still around.

8. brentbullets

He was a one man operation. Decoys were molded in Aurora, NE, heads were a separate piece that had to be attached. He hand painted and flocked every decoy. He was a younger man and just starting a family. He has/had a good paying job, worked for the power company. Real nice guy. He bought company from a older guy that was originally located I believe in the Ogallala, NE area. I have been offered $300+ a dozen for the decoys I have, they aren’t going anywhere! I was able to buy 20 decoys from a guy on here for $225 shipped, the shipping alone was $75, I think that the cost of shipping is what deterred most people from buying at that time which put the decoys at well over $200 a dozen. Remember this was over 10 year’s ago.

9. SPS

SPS Refuge Member

I still have some mag sleepers, but can only use them in warm temps. First time I used them in single digits, they cracked all to hell!

10. Matt Barnard

Matt Barnard Elite Refuge Member

BF went China when flocking became the rage. I know I'm gonna say this wrong, so don't crucify me. It's more than glue to hold the flocking on. Like maybe a plastic welding? I'm not totally sure. I do know it is cost prohibitive to do it in the states. Then they started the B-2 stuff, made in China.Personally, I am all for the originals, and would like to see them made the way they were at first. No flocking! Art said it would be murder to the company if they tried to compete without flocking. Ill bet the geese wouldn't care at all. I have never felt that flocking sealed the deal. How would I explain it to the hundreds, if not thousands of geese myself and my compadres have killed since we began buying BF's in the 80's, that we are sorry that the decoys weren't flocked, but you are dead anyway.

brentbullets and THEIRCOMMITED10 like this.