Magazine shotgun extention tubes

Goose's Dad

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Do I understand now they are illegal if they hold more than 5 shells total to buy in the great state???
Really could use one this year snow goose hunting!!

wildfowl4444

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
If you put them on a semiautomatic you could have a problem

likesbigspreads

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I know of a lot of people who have been checked this snow season by state wardens and there was nothing said about the extension tubes. They checked licenses, shells and thats about it.

rism

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
That law has a TRO against it for the entire state by a Federal judge. Bujy what you want and use what you want. Probably be tied up until at least it is appealed to the Illinois Supreme Court. That is what my local State's Attorney told me.

Goose's Dad

Refuge Member
Reaction score
That law has a TRO against it for the entire state by a Federal judge. Bujy what you want and use what you want. Probably be tied up until at least it is appealed to the Illinois Supreme Court. That is what my local State's Attorney told me.
Thanks!

riverrat47

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Two federal cases. We lost one and the other is still being decided. Eventually, it will probably end up at the US Supreme Court.

ARHHH4

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I had a guy tell me last week that wardens weren’t even saying anything about the tubes when they checked people. He claims they can’t do anything to ya cuz they’re attached to the gun itself, and they aren’t removable like AR magazines are…. Not sure who is right and who is wrong as I don’t use one so it doesn’t apply to me anyways

greenheadIL

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Check out the 1st question on this page

Latest posts