Maine Sea Duck Hunting

tgs

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I run Traditions Guide Service here in So. Maine and in my 15th season. I am looking to see what's out there for interest, if any, for swapping hunts or fishing trips. My hunt would offer my services and equipment, travel, room and board would be on your own and I am okay with that on your end too. I have old school style eider and scoter cork decoys as well as eider and scoter sleds. My boat is a 23' Duckwater Ocean series with a 225 Evinrude Etec and I also have a Core Sound X2 layout boat and a fairly good black lab. As for the ducks... all 5 species are potential targets, eider, ww scoter, surf scoter, black scoter and old squaw. My website is http://www.traditionsguideservice.com I am also on FB. I added a couple pictures too. Thanks.

pearl12.jpg

white wings and common.jpg
pearl old squaw.jpg
core sound4.jpg

pearl17.jpg

deric

Reaction score
Hey bud, Im needing to get all of my sea ducks. I am in North central Arkansas, the foot hills to the Ozarks. I can offer up some great Turkey hunting. Very small town with one motel. I would come pick you up, take out hunting in the morning and if you wanted we could go do some trout fishing in the after noon or chase them old long beards all day. I figure yalls season is winding down but our spring season is in April.

Reactions: tgs

tgs

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Hey bud, Im needing to get all of my sea ducks. I am in North central Arkansas, the foot hills to the Ozarks. I can offer up some great Turkey hunting. Very small town with one motel. I would come pick you up, take out hunting in the morning and if you wanted we could go do some trout fishing in the after noon or chase them old long beards all day. I figure yalls season is winding down but our spring season is in April.

What zone? All eastern birds?

deric

Reaction score
Yes sir, I need all of my sea ducks along with a Brant, command and red breast merganser.

tgs

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I was asking what hunting zone for turkey would we hunt and are they all eastern species or do you get any Merriams or Rios?

deric

Reaction score
Oh, sorry I thought maybe y'all had a zone hunt or something. We hunt zone 3. Easterns. No other species though.

Jjm

Refuge Member
Reaction score
I can offer excellent wood duck hunts in October, (will get teal and mallards also). Have a private Marsh next to Mosquito Creek Refuge in NE Ohio.
Open water hunts for puddle ducks, late season goose hunts, and also goose hunts in Braidwood IL in private pits.

tgs

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I can offer excellent wood duck hunts in October, (will get teal and mallards also). Have a private Marsh next to Mosquito Creek Refuge in NE Ohio.
Open water hunts for puddle ducks, late season goose hunts, and also goose hunts in Braidwood IL in private pits.

Thanks Jim, pretty sure I have a swap lined up for this season.

tgs

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
To update the post, You can bring 1-3 people, most likely it would be myself and one other on my end. I am also thinking 3days of hunting from both sides. I am mostly interested in deer hunting, but would consider other outings. Also, I do not archery hunt, so would have to be firearm season. Ladies are welcome also, I have done full women hunts and many couples.

Here are some pictures from this season.
12 23 2020 2.jpg

12 23 2020.jpg

146.jpg

150.jpg

black scoter2.jpg