Marty Marks Passed Away

Discussion in 'Missouri Flyway Forum' started by Gooseaddict, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Gooseaddict

Gooseaddict Senior Refuge Member

For any of you guys that has hunted Bob Brown over the years Marty was a staple there. When I started duck hunting 22 years ago Marty was the first MDC employee I met and I've enjoyed talking with him over the years. He loved the Bob Brown conservation area and put in a lot of work over the last few years to rebuild it after the floods. He'll be missed.

https://www.meierhoffer.com/obituaries/Martin-Marty-Marks?obId=20632634

Truman likes this.
  2. Phil in MO

Phil in MO Elite Refuge Member

He was a good guy, always helpful.

hunting1 likes this.
  3. hunting1

hunting1 Elite Refuge Member

Gone too young and I'll miss him. As much of a drag as the draw speech was in the morning at any WMA, Mary did it best. Will always remember parts of it like "don't send your dog or kid into the refuge after a cripple. Birds in the refuge stay in the refuge" and "if you lose your green card, just jot down your harvest, name and conservation number on a McDonalds wrapper or anything else and drop it in the box" . Prayers to his family

4. Jawbreaker

Jawbreaker Senior Refuge Member

Was honored to call Marty a friend. Hunted with him alot when he was at FG and we kept in touch the past several years, but hadn't hunted together for awhile. The man knew more about fowl than just about anybody I have met, learned tons from him. Gonna miss him.

hunting1 likes this.
  5. Timber

Timber Senior Refuge Member

Anyone who has hunted at BB, or NV has benefitted from his hard work and knowledge. He was very dedicated to our passion of waterfowling. Prayers to his family. You'll be missed my friend! RIP

hunting1 likes this.
  6. kdog

kdog Elite Refuge Member

Didnt know the guy ..But that is too young to go ...

7. Cliner

Cliner Elite Refuge Member

Hate to hear it. I'll never forget on opening morning of deer season, at the Bob Brown draw room, "DON'T ANY OF YOU GUYS DEER HUNT!? IT'S PACKED IN HERE!"

Hope his son is doing ok with it, they were very close.

hunting1 likes this.
  8. Timber

Timber Senior Refuge Member

He also has a daughter

9. DuCrazy

DuCrazy Elite Refuge Member

Marty and his daughter had been turkey hunting that day. Was told they put an arrow through a bird and had to chase it a bit. They were able to retrieve the bird. When they got home they were dressing is when he had the heart attack. Apparently his daughter was still with him and tried to revive him but he was gone. I feel for her and the entire family.

WHUP ! Hen, Timber and hunting1 like this.