Maybe we should have flown

waterswatter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
We had plans to meet our daughter in Hood River, stay a night and then drive up I-5 to Seattle to see the son and dil. A mudslide closed the eastbound fwy of I-84 to Hood River so that part of the itinerary got cancelled. Then I-5 was closed to flooding near Chehalis and I-90 was closed over Snoqualmie. I'm sure we could have figured out ways around but I decided it was not worth the effort.

On a waterfowl note: many rafts of coots along the Columbia, several rafts of blue bills and quite a few geese. And dozens upon dozens of fresh waterfalls, more than I've ever seen coming off the snowmelt.

Back home 2 days early.

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
We had plans to meet our daughter in Hood River, stay a night and then drive up I-5 to Seattle to see the son and dil. A mudslide closed the eastbound fwy of I-84 to Hood River so that part of the itinerary got cancelled. Then I-5 was closed to flooding near Chehalis and I-90 was closed over Snoqualmie. I'm sure we could have figured out ways around but I decided it was not worth the effort.

On a waterfowl note: many rafts of coots along the Columbia, several rafts of blue bills and quite a few geese. And dozens upon dozens of fresh waterfalls, more than I've ever seen coming off the snowmelt.

Back home 2 days early.
I've been known to pull up a topo map and plot a course before finding the highest roads and "showing up" to hear horror stories from guys who didn't.
I know when the River road is a no go zone..

baltz526

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I could go hunting ducks today, If I had a snow machine for the 20 mile ride and Cross country ski to get out to some open water 1.5 miles from the legal parking area.

Latest posts