GoPackers

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Teal Trifecta.jpg
Cinnamon Teal.jpg
BW Teal.jpg

Resort.jpg
Stir Fry.jpg

Crossed off another trip on the old guy bucket list!

Incredible wing shooting for fully plumed out ducks in Mexico last week with my son in law. Mostly Teal, Shovelers, and a few Pintails. Our wives had fun all week at the resort we stayed at while we hunted for the first 3 days of the trip in the AM. The food was fantastic in town (and cheap 19 pesos to $1 exchange rate), and we never felt unsafe in the old town market, or anywhere we went away from the resort. Booked the trip a year ago with GetDucks.com. No testing or vax cards required to fly down, just a Covid test done at the resort 24 hours before we flew back home.

We didn't bring home any birds for taxidermy, as I didn't know of any in our state that have the required international license, but there are a few the outfitter recommended elsewhere in other states. We were able to make duck stir fry in our room as it had a fully supplied kitchenette, but the guides took most of the birds for families looking for free protein.

Weather was sunny in the upper 70's all week, but it didn't affect the hunting as the birds were coming off from feeding in salt water to fresh water like it was a WA corn pond.

Green Duck Truck

Washington State Moderator
Reaction score
That is Awesome! Congrats on a great trip. I would love to do that. Love the "Teal Slam!" :tu:tu

full choke

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Looks like a cool trip! :tu

BD1

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I need to do this :tu

Tool_Man

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I did that a couple years ago. We were on vacation and I stumbled on the outfitters card in the hotel lobby. I couldn’t resist. I highly recommend it!

Honkerclan08

Washington forum
Reaction score
Super cool!

BD1

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I know there are a lot of variables but what is a ballpark cost per day for the hunt? Post more pictures if you have them :tu

Green Duck Truck

Washington State Moderator
Reaction score
I know there are a lot of variables but what is a ballpark cost per day for the hunt? Post more pictures if you have them :tu
I'd be interested in the general overall cost as well. :tu

Tool_Man

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

I went out of Mazatlan with these guys but I already had lodging. Seems like it was $500 but that includes Gun, ammo, two guys to retrieve and the transportation from the resort. Totally worth it.

Latest posts