Meat seasoning.

Discussion in 'Cooking Forum' started by Farm4wildlife, Aug 9, 2019.

1. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

We like Allegro marinade (hickory I believe).

Byron's butt rub for a great smoked sausage (accurate but that should get some laughs:l). Kids around here sell Blue and Gold and smoked with Byron's on it is fantastic.

Saw a recent article about making your own seasoned butters and then letting those melt over freshly grilled steaks/meats. I like the idea.

2. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

I am married to an Asian... She could eat food that would kill you...

And you do realize that California has a high Mexican population? Jalapenos are a staple food item here.

I enjoy salt (probably too much), & Chachere's has just enough punch that you can taste the kick, without taking away from the flavor of the food you are eating.

3. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

I didn't mean because of the heat, it just doesn't seem common over there(at least from what I've heard from a few buddies that live over there).

4. Vammy

Vammy Senior Refuge Member

Beef gets fresh cracked pepper, coarse ground sea salt, onion powder, garlic powder. That’s it

Chicken and pork chops get a seasoning called Head Country. Couple hours in the smoker at 300F and it’s the bomb

Pork ribs and butts get McCormicks Sweet and Smokey, apple wood in the fire and off we go.

widgeon likes this.
  5. pgquackstacker

pgquackstacker Senior Refuge Member

Been using Tony’s since I can remember, my pops puts it on damn near everything. Hard to beat some white rice with butter and Tony’s.

widgeon likes this.
  6. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

I use all kinds of different things. One of my favorites on a steak is mustard powder prior to grilling.

widgeon likes this.
  7. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

On my one and only hunting trip to canada, they were serving "smokies" (breakfast sausage). The elderly lady cook warned me that there were two types, regular and spicy... It was a stern warning.

After bracing myself, I decided to try the spicy "smokies" as the regular ones were really bland... It was my impression that the "spicy smokies" had exactly 2 grains of black pepper added... If there was any spice, I could not taste it.... And compared to my family (especially the one I married into), I am a complete wuss when it comes to eating spicy foods.

On the flip side, I was at a graduation party for my wife's nephew, and they were serving some really spicy food. I was asking to be taken to the ER after one bite (taking a second bite was NOT a consideration)... My wife ate several, her face turned a bit red, and she admitted that "these are a little spicy." Meanwhile, I honestly figured I had permanently killed most of my tastebuds.... Eating sugar (to neutralize the spice), drinking beer (to dull the pain and neutralize the spice), and my ears were sweating profusely. Other people were saying "you don't look so good."

Vahunter, hunting1, tcc and 2 others like this.
  8. newduk

newduk Elite Refuge Member

Sounds like some of the vids I've seen of guys eating Carolina Reaper peppers.

9. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

There is a "flavor line" in North America.

10. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Most definitely.