Mexican squealers back yet?

ducaholic

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Hate to jump back into it this early in the yr, but what you just said makes me think there’s something deeper happening to these birds and the way they migrate. Something other than weather and habitat. Up until 3 yrs ago, I had never killed a BW Teal in big duck season in NELA. This yr we killed 4 the first week of January (cool weather day too).

I’m not suggesting anything, just making note.

Duly noted. Extended period of warmer winters and increases in well managed habitat to our north both public and private = poo poo for us!

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Just spent three days at a camp south of Rolling Fork, MS. Saw quite a few in the area.

Rick Hall

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
They are limited to 2 cups of corn a day. Neighbor has a couple black cats that chase em off every couple days or so.

You're getting off easy. Some years back, my homers tolled the only pair of white-wings I've seen in our area, and I keep they or, more likely, their descendants along with three other types of doves and a host of other birds (plus squirrels, of course) around by feeding twice the rice my loft of 20-30 homers get.

Jmuv

Reaction score
I got a text from Wisconsin this morning and they have been sighted in several areas in the state.