Mike Borrett Contact

Bullcans

Reaction score
Looking to get my dad a pair of Mike Borrett's flying canvasbacks for his birthday but have no idea how to contact him. Any information would be well appreciated!!

Thanks

WHUP ! Hen

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike lives in Madison, WI, you might google him. He does fabulous work.

WHUP ! Hen

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My son and I had a very memorable opening day hunt in Wisconsin around Prairie du Chien, Mike Valley’s home town. Marty Hanson and Mike Borrett were there as well. Mike’s real job is a commercial fisherman. We all are decoy collectors and carvers who have known each other for several years. We met at various decoy shows and formed a lasting friendships. We had a great hunt as well as a fabulous week-end. Borrett brought his hand made skiff with a muskrat that he had carved sitting on the bow. We all limited out both days and the nights, the nights were something to behold. We may have not drank all the beer in Wisconsin, but we had them up all night making more. This is a week-end that could never be duplicated.l have several decoys by both Mikes and Marty. All three are great carvers, a lot depends on their attitude at the time.

rhpierce

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Might try and look up Dean Dashner...my wife bought a pair of Mike's cinnamon teal flyers when Dean was at one of the decoy contests.

He owns Hunting Rig Books...sells books (duh), decoys, calls, etc.

WHUP ! Hen

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been to Dean’s parents house when Dean lived there before they passed. The whole Dashner family have a very nice collection of decoys and duck calls, of course very nice Wisconsin birds.

copperatiosu

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
If you don't have your heart set on Cans; there's Widgeon, Blacks, Blue Wings and Blue Bills on Grant Cole's auction ending on the 28th of this month... Google "Michigan Auctioneers Inc."

WHUP ! Hen

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Google him

Ptitterton

Reaction score
Yes, I already did...:) that is how I ended up here :) I tried galleries, Mike Borrett Madison , fishing, decoys. I get a alot of sold auctions and old decoys sold. Someone on the board seems to know him personally.

WHUP ! Hen

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to Mike Borrett‘s web site, he has contact information. I have misplaced Mike’s phone number. He is kinda of a shy guy and doesn’t give his number freely.

Last edited:

Latest posts