Milwaukee Bucks - 2021 NBA Champions!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Flyway Forum' started by ripline, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Banded1

Banded1 Elite Refuge Member

:l:l:l

How does Milw rank anywhere near great? It might rank as high as moderately mediocre on a good day.

2. Bclick

Bclick Elite Refuge Member

The gentrified areas are nice if you can stomach pretentious white leftists for more than 5 minutes.

3. slimm21

slimm21 Elite Refuge Member

https://ca.nba.com/news/milwaukee-bucks-guard-jrue-holiday-donates-remainder-of-2020-nba-salary-to-black-owned-small-businesses-and-nonprofits/

thanks for checking in.

also, I like high school and college basketball plenty —- but you won’t find anyone at any level that gives more effort on defense than Holiday…. Or Giannis for that matter.

4. SNOWSNBLUES

SNOWSNBLUES Senior Refuge Member

So what are ya trying to say? Some rich black basketball player donates money to "black owned" small businesses. So what, and furthermore that seems extremely racist to me. Why just black owned and not all? Oh, and BTW his net worth is about 30 million and his career earnings through 2021 are 150 million. Who freaking cares that he donated some money.

Ratboy and Fozzbear like this.
  5. Den and Jack

Den and Jack Senior Refuge Member

I was never a basketball player. I rarely watch basketball except for NBA playoffs. The skill is incredible in the NBA. I prefer NBA over college mostly since every team can win a title via the draft system. Teams like Toronto, San Antonio and the Bucks can win titles. Recruiting advantages of big name schools dominates college sports. Badgers football and basketball are good, but they generally have less talent than the top teams in the country. They have been really close couple times where a couple more blue-chip players might have put them over the top.

High school sports are exciting especially when you have a kid in the sport.

6. pointblind

pointblind Elite Refuge Member

Professional sports (*in their current form) along with all other legacy TV/media is well past peak and is dying a slow death.

When the day comes that I can pay directly to stream only the game/season/sport I want with zero advertisers, zero propaganda and zero commentators (or the ones of my choosing) is the day I'll consider watching again.

Shirleyshusband likes this.
  7. woodiefanatic

woodiefanatic Elite Refuge Member

1B59F9B2-A92F-46FB-836C-C2F88CA1B8D7.jpeg

8. pointblind

Paying for a product, rather than being the product, is regressing?

9. woodiefanatic

woodiefanatic Elite Refuge Member

Nope just giving you a hard time about not watching tv. I doubt big sports will ever go to pay per view like fights. Too much money to be had by advertising. I get it. I watch less tv every year but that’s probably good for me.

10. pointblind

15-20 years from now watching legacy TV will be seen in same light as smoking cigarettes is today. Poison. "It was just something everyone did"