Minneapolis getting ugly. .

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Grif, May 26, 2020.

1. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

In these instances, I am usually on the side of, "Let's get all the facts first." Not here. No excuse. Doesn't matter WHY he is on the ground, a knee on the neck for an extended period of time is NEVER called for (and I don't like the use of 'never')

double limit, yellowlab03 and Bear like this.
  2. duckman54

duckman54 Senior Refuge Member

Apparently I didn't see all the video, just saw a piece of it with his knee on his neck and didn't know he
    was handcuffed. No doubt that was excessive force and ended in a tragedy. My opinion still stands though
    that a lot of these situations could be avoided if they didn't violently resist. With the adrenaline running high
    and the fight or flight response taking over with both sides sadly it doesn't turn out to good sometimes.

3. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

Look, we are in agreement. If you are an idiot and want to fight the police, anything can happen....and it's bad when the worst happens...for everybody.

I can't ever remember seeing any use of force video where I didn't say, hold on, let's hear the whole story. This is the first, because I don't care. There was no fight, it's over... .it's just a guy cuffed behind his back on the ground pleading for his life for 7 minutes, until he is dead. Hell, he's completely unconscious and that moron was still kneeling on his neck.

Mark my words.....that video will make life harder for thousands of police officers over the next weeks or so.....because one guy couldn't control himself.

4. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

Unfortunately that’s pretty much the history of mankind.

Grif likes this.
  5. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

True enough, and let's just call it what it is.

double limit likes this.
  6. API

That would be nice. If only we could rid ourselves of those who exploit unfortunate happenings.

7. duckman54

The main stream media and Democrat party (one in the same) main thing is to exploit things like this
    to keep up racial tensions sadly, after all the Democrats claim to fame has always been to play the race card.

8. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Guy was apparently raised in Houston and moved to Minnie for a job. Everyone here on the news that knew him from teachers to former employers have said the guy was not a trouble maker.

The Minneapolis mayor was on TV crying over this.

We had some “No Justice...no peace...” assemblies here today but the Assistant Police Chief got in with the crowd and kept it calm.

But like Native said...

Human nature, as it is, will try to blame every LEO and probably try and tag Trump for this too.

9. API

Is Democrat a synonym for social hacker?

10. duckman54

Yes, I think that term fit's them quite well.