Minneapolis

Discussion in 'Minnesota Flyway Forum' started by KENNEDY63, Dec 4, 2020.

1. take'm

take'm Elite Refuge Member

Minnesota,geographically awesome!
    Politically- slow destruction....

2. KEN

KEN Moderator Moderator

I agree....lots of problems going on down there. You make some good points. But we still need the Metro.

3. Feathers

Feathers Senior Refuge Member

People and businesses are leaving in droves, mostly to out state. How long until the taxes from the metro no longer benefit the rest of the state?

Add it to the list of great cities in this country that have been ruined by far left politicians. Not long ago I considered it one of the best big cities in the country. It’s is rapidly becoming a chithole.

KENNEDY63 likes this.
  4. KENNEDY63

KENNEDY63 Elite Refuge Member

I don't get this response. If the services and products provided to you via government are so necessary - why wouldn't you gladly pay more in taxes to pay for them?

Either way - the tax system in this state (and country) are morally bankrupt. "Taxing the rich" to pay for services you use is nothing more than government mandated theft.

5. KEN

KEN Moderator Moderator

We are taxed enough. Why would I, living in outstate want the "****hole to burn up?" I would have to pay more taxes just to keep what we now have?:scratch:scratch

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  6. Feathers

Feathers Senior Refuge Member

If the government didn’t waste so much tax money being inefficient or on useless programs we could lower taxes and live without the metro tax base and be fine. But that is an entirely different discussion.

7. KENNEDY63

Because then YOU would actually pay for the things YOU use.

And apparently YOU aren't taxed enough as, by your own admission, the government services that YOU use are paid for by people who live far, far away.

Sounds pretty simple to me.

8. KENNEDY63

Well - if taxes were paid proportionately by the folks who use the services - maybe there would be enough of an uproar to get rid of some of those useless and inefficient programs.

Feathers likes this.
  9. prairie hunter

prairie hunter Elite Refuge Member

Many long time Minneapolis residents moving out ... many younger people moving in.

Home prices inside Minneapolis (decent, stable areas) continue to command a 20% - 30% premium over similar size suburban homes ... move out a little further and you get even more for your dollar.

You can navigate Minnapolis pretty well and stay out of most of the strife. That said, Minneapolis needs to get full control of their downtown areas Target Field, US Bank Field, etc... need to be trouble free zones.

10. Neighbor Guy

Neighbor Guy Elite Refuge Member

Don’t forget our newest autonomous zone at lake and Hennepin.

Celebrating the life of a convicted felon.

This town is a disaster.