Minnesota regulation changes

Discussion in 'Minnesota Flyway Forum' started by MN Divers, Jun 29, 2021.

1. MN Divers

MN Divers New Member

https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/wildlife/waterfowl/waterfowl-public-input.html

I'm surprised I haven't seen this posted yet, but MN decided to change some regulations this year due to the waterfowl survey people could participate in. One of the biggest changes I'm excited for is EARLY TEAL! We finally get an early teal season. Basically every thing they implemented I am excited for and support, like no 4pm closure, and the goose bag limit from 3 to 5.

2. SkolMNDuckHunter

SkolMNDuckHunter Senior Refuge Member

There are a couple of threads on the original surveys and then on the follow up that alluded to what was changed. Scroll down like 8 threads.

MN Divers likes this.
  3. Neighbor Guy

Neighbor Guy Elite Refuge Member

Early teal will be a cluster bleep.

You guys can have it. My hope is it gets some of the morons out of the swamp on the regular opener. Most who hunt it won’t be able to ID their birds until they are in hand, so there will be a lot of cattail birds as well.

The only reason MN has one now is because the teal never showed up for the early teal season down south last fall. This will guarantee they are driven south for their season.

Hunting all day, fine, but don’t complain when you shoot birds coming to roost and don’t have birds using your spots the next day.

5-geese all season, great, all for it.

Any changes that don’t include an expanded/state wide sandhill crane season is a slap in the face of every farmer and waterfowl hunter who spends all spring, summer, and fall looking at giant flocks of birds damaging crops.

4. SkolMNDuckHunter

Exactly this. I love the 5 goose limit all year. GIVE US CRANE HUNTING!
    The rest I can take or leave.

MJ1657 likes this.
  5. Rogue Hunter

Rogue Hunter Elite Refuge Member

Crane season...state wide.

MJ1657 likes this.
  6. MJ1657

MJ1657 Senior Refuge Member

It's no question the crane are hard on our corn crop. The issue we are dealing with now is the damage they are doing to our alfalfa. There are so many of them they are walking it down.

7. Full Force Five

Full Force Five Elite Refuge Member

I’ve never understood the duck ID argument when it come to a real season. Are there honestly duck hunters that can’t tell a wood duck from a teal, especially a BWT?

8. Neighbor Guy

Neighbor Guy Elite Refuge Member

^^^ YES ^^^

You would be shocked at how many shoot first and ID later. I would say the majority of those who only hunt a weekend or two a season.

Heck, a large number of those who hunt all year just know it’s a duck and then ID after it’s in the bag.

9. SkolMNDuckHunter

I would bet money half of the idiots out there with a shotgun the first 2 weeks couldn't tell you which duck flew by if that's all they tried to do. Forget shooting. Unless it quacks maybe.

10. Paul Myrdahl

Paul Myrdahl Senior Refuge Member

I think you guys might be over thinking this a little. I find it hard to believe these slob hunters will out hunting labor day weekend. I may be wrong but my guess is they'll have different plans.