California Flyway Forum Sponsors

MLB time to BOYCOTT

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by HONKSRWORKN, Apr 10, 2021.

1. mjcook6

mjcook6 Elite Refuge Member

Wait...baseball started?

2. Mike Larsen

Mike Larsen Elite Refuge Member

I have not watched a game since last year where on the opener with SF/LA, the SF team all kneeled except for one (Sam Coonrad) who didn't due to his faith (google why if you are unsure). But, the kicker was during this disrespectful act, the camera panned the field where they show a base that hadn't been set - that base had the mlb logo on on side, and the blm logo on the other. Am I racist? Nope. Do I believe the mlb organization and team owners caved to fears of blm running amuck however that may be? Absolutely, instead of suffering any wrath, they appeased them. When I saw that, I never watched another minute, and that was tough as we were huge SF and MN fans. I tossed an my team apparel out, and sent a letter to SF org telling them I'm done. I haven't watched an nfl game since whatshisname took a knee and the nfl did nothing about it. That's my choice, but that's what is great about America - Freedom.

Oh, and the $90M loss for the mlb decision, well look at the liberal politicians back pedaling now, and oh wait, the legislation passed is nothing at all like what the evil media portrayed.

Note, not capitalizing the 3 letter acronyms for those organizations, or mention team names was on purpose due to their INSIGNIFICANCE.

IV Hunt, dl537, Fogie and 2 others like this.
  3. NorCalDuckHunter

NorCalDuckHunter Senior Refuge Member

MLB= BLM
    No baseball, football, basketball
    Pretty easy hockey and golf

yellowlabhunter and Brottboss like this.
  4. Mort

Mort Elite Refuge Member

Mike, same here. Long time fan of 49r's and SF Giants. Wrote letters and gave up on both for the same reasons. With my large immediate family, I have saved a few thousand every year not buying tickets to the games.

5. Brottboss

Brottboss Elite Refuge Member

Spent my first 16years of life growing up in Oakland.
    WAS a Raider/A's/Warriors fan from day1.
    Walked away a couple years ago and never looked back.

Mort, yellowlabhunter and Fogie like this.
  6. yellowlabhunter

yellowlabhunter Elite Refuge Member

It provided me with getting more chit done on Sundays, Mondays etc.

Brottboss, Mort and Tommyo like this.
  7. Timber Hole

Timber Hole Elite Refuge Member

I’m all for the boycott but there is a small possibility that my leaving won’t make a big difference. I go to 1 game about every 5 years if I get free tickets and I sure as $&”@ won’t watch any professional sport on TV!

8. Refugeguy

Refugeguy Elite Refuge Member

If you love baseball ehh wouldn’t u watch ? Even if the players were Involved,which they aren’t. Who gives a f what they think . You think I’m watching the greatest game on earth to hear what a black Spanish speaking Guy from some island thinks? Man you guys are morons

J.Bennett and Calikev like this.
  9. freefall

freefall Elite Refuge Member

It’s not about watching or not for me. It’s about the $ they get from me every year in merch & tickets. I won’t financially support certain organizations. It’d be like buying PETA or ANTIFA t shirts or donating to their coffers while not believing in their cause. I personally don’t want to fund those organizations that I have opposing views with.

Mort and Wood-Dro like this.
  10. Wood-Dro

Wood-Dro Elite Refuge Member

Who even has time to watch stupid sports? Kill your television, along with 98% of the internet.