Monday Opener for Area 1 in 2020...yeah

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by DoveMan, Jun 4, 2020.

1. DoveMan

DoveMan Senior Refuge Member

I know, I know, it's not the end of the world and the hunting is mediocre at best on opener, but opening on a Monday for Area 1? I commented against this during the proposal, but I thought they'd come to their senses and do a 2 day split, like Washington does.
    This has to be the one, if not the only Monday opener in the country.
    Thoughts?

2. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Yeah, you know I voted to end the season as late as possible but I didn't see that they were proposing opening it on a Monday. Now, as a retired old guy having the opener on a Monday when lots of guys are at work might work out in my favor but it's still weird. Never seen an opener on a Monday in the five states I have hunted waterfowl in.

3. Woodduck31

Woodduck31 Elite Refuge Member

Retirement does change the perspective for sure. I rarely hunt opening day of waterfowl, always too much of a zoo for me and rare that I get an invite anyway. We are in Ashton when area two opens and actually got invited last year but didn’t bring our shotguns. This year we will make sure to have them along and do a little cast and blast with a few of the guides Caleb works with. We will likely be in Ashton till the end of October. I’m far more interested in closing dates most of the time. The later the better.

cnegeese801 likes this.