Monroe, La Meet Compton, Ca.

OneShotBandit

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably a anti-hunting, anti Christian Left-winger! Maybe not......

H20DAD

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Probably a family member to stay in the spotlight.

Waxed Canvas

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
No telling. I am betting Mr. Willie gets himself a compound like Phil has. Back in the 1990’s I sold Chemicals and Phil was looking for an adhesive for his Mallard Drake Call that did not have an odor. I went out to see him and ended up spending about two hours with him. I made subsequent trips to see them over the years and then they had to lock down once they gained global status.

The first time I saw Phil, he had an old beat up red Toyota 4wd—-whatever they were before they were called Tacoma. Ten years later, he was still driving it. Every time I saw Jase, he was always working filling orders. Back then, Tommy Robertson was making wood calls and Red Dog Phillips was making the Mallard Drake Calls. I met Godwin a time or two as well——very nice. Phil is a nice man and the real deal. I am a cut down Olt man but I like him and his style of calling. The only downside is they were so successful, every person and their uncle wants to duck hunt. ;)

drahthaarducker

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
20200427_180412.jpg
Did he diss some banger over at Banded ? :flame:flame

creedsduckman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
No telling. I am betting Mr. Willie gets himself a compound like Phil has. Back in the 1990’s I sold Chemicals and Phil was looking for an adhesive for his Mallard Drake Call that did not have an odor. I went out to see him and ended up spending about two hours with him. I made subsequent trips to see them over the years and then they had to lock down once they gained global status.

The first time I saw Phil, he had an old beat up red Toyota 4wd—-whatever they were before they were called Tacoma. Ten years later, he was still driving it. Every time I saw Jase, he was always working filling orders. Back then, Tommy Robertson was making wood calls and Red Dog Phillips was making the Mallard Drake Calls. I met Godwin a time or two as well——very nice. Phil is a nice man and the real deal. I am a cut down Olt man but I like him and his style of calling. The only downside is they were so successful, every person and their uncle wants to duck hunt. ;)
This is pretty much how I see them being. If it were not for Willie turning the business into what it is I'd imagine they would still be making calls in that little shop at Phil's and perfectly content.

JP

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

creedsduckman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I’ve met Phil myself at bp. No one knew him at the time. I did he talked to me n the wife for awhile. Idk. Willie is prob the only one I can see people disliking. Glad their ok regardless.
I've met Phil twice at the Dixie Deer Classic in Raleigh years and years ago. Back when they were just known for calls and videos. The first time I know Jase and W.E. Phillips were there and there was a bunch of people buying stuff and Phil was just signing stuff and taking pictures. The second time I just remember Phil being at the table, not a lot of people around. I stood and talked ducks and hunting for awhile, seemed down to earth and genuine.

Dirtybird420

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Again hate em or love em if I could make 250,000 a year making duck calls. Where do I sign. It’s amazing the hate people have for the ones that make it. Or just jealous. I actually don’t own a single duck commander thing except a plastic cup but I’d like to think their still the guys cutting deer outta duck blinds n am happy for em.

Latest posts