More perspective on this here climate change thingy...

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by API, Oct 18, 2021.

1. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I was actual taught in Vocational Drafting 1 class. :p Probably seen the same movie!

2. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

My first employer out of college had lots of "imported" professionals. All of them were expert abacus users and just as fast and accurate as the calculators of the day.

3. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

We are spoiled.
    My boss the civil engineer, my father, and a ton of university of Illinois engineers did it all in their heads. Had an array of mind blowing math tricks.
    I swear they'd solve three equations with three unknowns in their head. Matrix chit.
    Crazy good at simple arithmetic.
    I just can't see common core higher math where you draw pictures and blocks....:scratch

4. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

I really love that song "Jesus take the wheel". How does that work out? LMAO

5. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Ye of little faith...
    I've been at my whits end in a crisis alone before.
    All I have to do is mutter it.
    Lord Jesus please give me a clue. Give me the knowledge I need please. Help me please.

It dont take long either. Someone shows up or I get an idea and ...crisis is over.
    It's that powerful. Faith.
    You're never really alone once you've invited Jesus into your heart out of the cold.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    OneShotBandit, hunting1 and sno like this.
  6. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

I suppose you'll find out. :yes

OneShotBandit likes this.
  7. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

If I ever need him I will try again.

8. hunting1

hunting1 Elite Refuge Member

Climate change is going to be just another ruse to take more control of our lives. Released this last friday is some of these fine points that have a lot more impact that would merit a mere press release IMO

whether it’s floods in China and Texas, or wildfires that have burned nearly six million acres of land, supply chains across critical industries including housing, construction, semiconductors, and agriculture have been affected, causing delays and shortages for both consumers and businesses.
    None of those problems were caused by climate change

The Administration’s whole-of-government strategy includes six main pillars to achieve the goals of the President’s May 2021 Executive Order on Climate-Related Financial Risks, including several major announcements this week demonstrating concrete actions to protect American families, the federal government, and the economy from climate-related financial risk:

So here we go,,,,,

• The Treasury Department’s Federal Insurance Office has launched a process to address climate-related risks in the insurance sector, with a focus on assessing the availability and affordability of insurance coverage in high-risk areas for traditionally underserved communities ---Availability of insurance? Ok. No insurance for anywhere that has seen a flood, landlslide, earthquake etc., etc.
    • Consistent with its statutory mandate, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) staff is developing recommendations to the Commission for a mandatory disclosure rule for public issuers that is intended to bring greater clarity to investors about the material risks and opportunities that climate change poses to their investments. This rule is expected to be proposed in the coming months Yeajh ok. Why do I feel its going to be more than that?
    • This week, the Department of Labor announced it is proposing a rule that protects workers’ hard-earned life savings by making clear that investment managers can consider climate change and other ESG factors in making investment decisions. The proposed rule – which, if finalized, would help safeguard the more than half of American workers who participate in a retirement plan through their job, representing over 140 million Americans and more than $12 trillion in retirement savings and pensions – would protect workers by making sure that retirement managers don’t turn a blind eye to climate risks and other important factors. It would also make clear that retirement managers can take important environmental, social, and governance factors into account when making investment decisions, so that workers can share in the gains that come from sustainable investments. So now they have a hand in our retirement investments? Telling out investment managers what to invest in?
    • The Department of Labor is also working to protect the nearly 6.5 million participants in the Thrift Savings Plan – the largest defined-benefit contribution plan in the world – by analyzing how to further factor in climate-related risks Even without researching this throws red flags all over the place
    • The federal government is the world’s single largest purchaser of goods and services, spending over $650 billion in contracts in fiscal year 2020 alone. This week, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) announced that the Federal Acquisition Regulatory (FAR) Council will begin the process of exploring amendments to Federal procurement regulations to require agencies to consider a supplier’s greenhouse gas emissions when making procurement decisions and to give preference to bids from companies with lower greenhouse gas emissions. As part of this work, the FAR Council published this week an Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to gather information to help major Federal agency procurements minimize the risk of climate change.
      Now we are really getting someplace. THEY ARE GOING TO DETERMINE WHAT YOU BUY!!! Don't think for a minute that you won't be prohibited from buying a used gas engine anything. Ironically enough I doubt if there will be any problem buying chinese crap assembled in a sweatshop all running off from some coal fired power plant. By identifying and mitigating climate risks through procurement, the Federal government is leading by example, deploying public procurement policy as a tool to strategically shape markets Take this to heart!
    • HUD is working to meet the challenges that climate change poses to American homes, beginning by identifying options to incorporate climate-related considerations into the origination of single-family mortgages.
      • The VA, which has nearly $913 billion in loan volume outstanding to U.S. Veterans, is conducting a review of climate-related impacts to its home loan benefit program.
      • USDA is addressing climate risk in its own single-family guaranteed loan programs, with the goal of applying lessons learned across its entire range of loan programs.
      Control of your mortgage? Sure, why not More garbage found here.... . FACT SHEET: Biden Administration Roadmap to Build an Economy Resilient to Climate Change Impacts | The White House

9. Goosekiller

Goosekiller Elite Refuge Member

Well I helped out there climate change a couple weeks ago. Deleted my 2018 ram cummins. She runs like a champ now, no more def.

tripper and hunting1 like this.
  10. hunting1

hunting1 Elite Refuge Member

Yeah I gotta do something about that 8 ft high pile of carboard and several hundred plastic jugs some day. As soon as it gets cold enough to need my shop furnace! :yes

Grif and Goosekiller like this.