Mortgage Rates

Dirtybird420

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
And those home equity loans have only contributed to the inflation problem. Way too much money being pumped into the economy. I never understood why people use their home as a piggy bank.
Mine is paid for, life is good.
Which is why I did a reg Ol refinance. Mainly to get the mortgage insurance off as we bought at 3.25 percent. Did get 3 percent an started our 6 years over. Saved bout 500 a month. They offered a decent chunk of change for money out. It was just not quite enough to do what we want an I wanted a lower payment. The closer guy said we were 1/20 doing a straight refi. Most wanted the money on the spot. Already had it spent. I’m happy. An glad we refi when we did.

Dirtybird420

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Pardon me.

The laws have changed in Texas since 2001.

A heavy handed association went A Bridge Too Far on an 82 year old woman and the resulting uproar made the Legislature realize they needed to protect their phony baloney jobs. Harrumph Harrumph.

I’m stomping in your hole.

Attachments

• FAD641A1-251A-4673-8EA7-55DB3D26C342.jpeg
    FAD641A1-251A-4673-8EA7-55DB3D26C342.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 6

hunting1

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I'd rather live in a run down rat infested shack than an HOA. For instances like your fine for a light bulb being out , it'd be safer for them and increase the likelihood of me staying out of jail not being in one. IMO they are about as un-American as it gets. They have their purpose I guess when it comes to preservation of property value but if you value a 'mind your own business and stay out of mine' philosophy you're rubbing elbows with the wrong people from the totalitarians that run them to the whistleblowing nosey neighbors. Sounds like you take it stride pretty well Bear but I feel for ya and couldn't do it myself

Feathers

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I’m not a big fan of rules and laws. I wouldn’t do well in an HOA. Leave me alone and watch your own bobber. If I didn’t live on a lake I’d be in the woods with no neighbors in site. Sacrificed that to live on the water.

I refinanced just in time. Had a good rate and got better. Rates jumped shortly after. I’d like to sell my lake home and upgrade to a new lake home but gonna wait for a correction. Probably won’t get the same interest rate next purchase or what I could sell the house for now.

pintail2222

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I remember this and it almost became a pitchfork and torches incident. I however, do disagree with some of the commentary of the referenced article.

The HOA fees down here in single family home communities cover mostly amenities. Their is yard/landscaping security and common area upkeep. But I’d say that people who want to live in a community with a resort like atmosphere are willing to pay a HOA fee to do so. Swimming pools - golf courses - Bocce ball - tennis courts - pickle ball courts - restaurants - bars - movie theaters… Ad for rules regarding your house - not sure that anybody wants to do something to their $3 million+ dollar home that hasn’t already been done to it.

Condominiums are a whole other beast due to all the shared common utilities in a building…