moving to FLA

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by PJB3, Mar 31, 2021.

1. PJB3

PJB3 Elite Refuge Member

Hey guys
    I'm in Washington state and thought I'd post up and see how things are out there. To expensive to live here anymore. Beautiful state except for taxes/politics/etc...
    Any input on living there? I have many questions but will start off with I think I'm gonna be Panama City area west
    Have jobs lined up, coming out in a week to check things out and hopefully moving shortly after so middle of April
    I will ask questions depending on how much activity there is as I know its off season so...
    I know the cost of living is WAY cheaper than here, just wondering if I can handle the heat/humidity.
    Thanks in advance

2. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

I thought you were moving to NC. You’re gonna hate it if you don’t like heat. Hottest part of the state.

Can you find work in Michigan, wisconsin, or Minnesota? Better duck hunting and lower cost of living.

3. PJB3

PJB3 Elite Refuge Member

Still deciding, not sure what i'm gonna do yet, Either FLA, DE, or NC

4. PJB3

PJB3 Elite Refuge Member

Would love up north but don't like snow on the ground for 4 months or the year. Love snow but it has to go away sometime

5. PJB3

PJB3 Elite Refuge Member

Also thought I could get some input here and in NC so that might help me make a decision

6. buckmaster1

buckmaster1 Elite Refuge Member

Leesburg, Fl, Formerly from Gloucester, VA
    Come on down, you don't have to shovel sunshine and we don't have any State Income Tax also we have DeSantis as our Gov.

JHS76 likes this.
  7. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

He might help that go away, he doesn’t like a lot of things......

Try Oregon?

8. buckmaster1

buckmaster1 Elite Refuge Member

Leesburg, Fl, Formerly from Gloucester, VA
    If he wants to turn the State "Blue" he can stay up in WA.

9. Southern Quacker

Southern Quacker Refuge Member

I lived in Walton County, Florida.....On the Beach for 10 years. AWSOME fishing.....Ducks are Scarce....other than wood-ducks. Deer are small. AND....if You don't mind hunting on Overcrowded Management Areas....You might...possibly kill a Deer or Turkey. Only quality hunting is on Private Land....and the Owners keep that for themselves.

10. duckmanJR

duckmanJR Senior Refuge Member

There are wood ducks....and diver hunting in the salt if you have specialized gear.

The state is getting crowded ....people like you fleeing places up north...which they have always done...but now from very liberal western states. Our puddle duck hunting is not what it was just a decade back...it may get better...but it may not.