MS Delta ducks

Discussion in 'Mississippi Flyway Forum' started by Coastalquacker, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Coastalquacker

Coastalquacker New Member

while looking for a duck lease for next season I came across these guys. They seem to offer a “shared lease” option as well as an “exclusive lease”. The first being you basically get assigned a hole whenever you go hunt and get to go to different spots all season. The latter seems to be a lease that only you hunt throughout the season, but blind and lodging isn’t available. Anyone had any experience with the exclusive lease with this group? I’ve seen some bad reviews but they all seem to come from the shared lease option and are all from the 2010-ish timeframe. I understand this is duck hunting and nothing is guaranteed but any information or personal experience would be appreciated.

2. teul2

teul2 Senior Refuge Member

They are from here, around Greenwood, MS. And honestly I haven't seen their lessees in a while but I don't hunt the spot near them much either.

But... I would stay the heck away from them. The turn over in lessees is probably over 60% each year. I think they bank on them being cheap and a new sucker coming along. None of the spots I know of that they have leased are worth more than a hand full of hunts a year, and they roll guys through them everyday. few if any rest days for the hole. I have been told by a co-worker that was in there 2 years ago that if you are in the shared lease program, you are told where to go. No picking your favorite spot.

My wife went to high school with one of the originators. Don't know if he is still in it or not, but she tells me he was a crook back then too.

3. Coastalquacker

Coastalquacker New Member

Thanks for the info teul. I think I’m going to take the advice and stay away. Guess I’ll keep looking for the time being. If you hear of or know any respectable duck clubs I’d really like to hear about it.