MS waterfowl guides

Discussion in 'Mississippi Flyway Forum' started by Boogan1, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Boogan1

Boogan1 Senior Refuge Member

Can anyone recommend a guide to hunt with in MS for ducks and geese? I live in Destin, FL and would like to stay within a 6hr drive. Thanks

2. GulfCoast

GulfCoast Moderate Moderator Moderator

That 6 hour thing will be difficult. Catfish Flautt at Tallahatchie Hunts in Tallahatchie County has very good property (tallahatchiehunts.com). David Melton at Delta Duck Hunts near Tunica is reputable and will put you on ducks if he can (deltaducks.com). I should know more guides, but I can't think of any at the moment. Let me think.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  3. Boogan1

Boogan1 Senior Refuge Member

I can drive farther for good hunting

4. Boot

Boot Senior Refuge Member

My son in law and I hunted with Denny at Weavers Waterfowl earlier this season. They are right outside of Tunica, and they do a good job at everything that can be expected. We hunted in the worst weather, and were still fortunate enough to kill some ducks. After hunting with Denny and Mark for the first time in early December, I booked 2 hunts in January with them again. My youngest daughter (18yo) is going on her first duck hunt ever with me to Weavers mid January, and we're closing the season out with them again at the end of January. Nobody can control the ducks or the weather, but everything Denny can control, will be done right.

Boogan1 likes this.
  5. Coastalquacker

Coastalquacker New Member

Hunted with no limit waterfowl earlier this season, and I enjoyed the hunt. They use some unorthodox ways to kill birds (nothing illegal just different than how I go about things) but we killed some birds and had a good time. They are located in Lake Seminole if you’re interested in killing canvasbacks and bluebills

6. Boot

Boot Senior Refuge Member

Out of curiosity, what was unorthodox? I've never hunted with them, but would like to hear about your experience. If you'd rather not post it here, send me a PM. Thanks.

7. teul2

teul2 Senior Refuge Member

drive to Arkansas then.

Not being crass, but it's sucked here this year.

Boogan1 likes this.
  8. duck dawg

duck dawg Senior Refuge Member

Looking at the weather forecast it probably ain't getting much better.