Muck boots

mpkowal

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have Lacrosse muck boots.They are warm which I love but with all my foot issues they are just not comfortable. Any recommendations? Oh just an FYI my feet are doing much better.Thanks Mike.

BigSkyDuk

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Mike, what specifically about the LaCrosse's causes discomfort? Wouldn't want to make a recommendation for you that would cause similar issues.

negooseman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure about his issues on why they aren’t comfortable but for me there isn’t enough arch support. If I wear mine for any length of time, my arches are so sore for a day or two once I get back into regular shoes.

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to a foot store/running shoe store and get some inserts that are comfortable for you.

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have Lacrosse muck boots.They are warm which I love but with all my foot issues they are just not comfortable. Any recommendations? Oh just an FYI my feet are doing much better.Thanks Mike.
Need more info on what you wear now. LaCrosse and Muck are two different companies, and both have a lot of different models. I wear LaCrosse Grange to turkey hunt, squirrel hunt and deer and duck hunt when conditions allow. I have a pretty significant arch and can walk in the Grange boots all day. I have LaCrosse Burly insulated boots for colder weather. Get good life from both.

Never found a pair of Mucks I was comfortable with, and I'm not a fan of neoprene uppers. Also don't like the Alpha Burly from LaCrosse for similar reasons.

Last edited:

Small Bore Hunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I quail hunt in regular Muck boots when the ground is wet and or super muddy and I have no complaints. Mine are the artic boots that I wear duck hunting from blinds and they keep my feet warmer than any other boots I have owned.

Deltaman

Senior Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of the Muck Edgewater (green), and have to agree that they are uncomfortable after an hour or so of wearing. They were a cheaper version of the Muck boots ($79 vs. $139), and I can only hope the originals are more comfortable.

ReaPeR105

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I just bought someone just got some Dryshod boots. They are comfortable with good room in the foot box. Don’t know what your foot issues are but they seem to be quality.

mpkowal

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have no big toe on either foot so support helps Alot. In my Lacrosse Burly my ankles get sore and the boots are not tight.Thanks guys.

ReaPeR105

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
No big toe may require a tighter foot box? That may be a question for your doctor on what to look for in footwear. Good luck.