California Flyway Forum Sponsors

My dog Jax please pray for him

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Plumgold1, Jun 7, 2021.

1. shooter

shooter Elite Refuge Member

It sucks seeing such a painful outcome for you and your family. So sorry to hear of your loss. This leaves a hole like no other kind of pain, hopefully you'll be able to find a pup that can start filling that hole soon. Best of luck, cling to your wonderful memories together for now.

Plumgold1 likes this.
  2. orarcher

orarcher Senior Refuge Member

Damn sorry man !!! Prayers for you

Plumgold1 likes this.
  3. yellowlabhunter

yellowlabhunter Elite Refuge Member

Incredible outpouring of respect and condolences! When I say most on here are good guys, they are! Even though I never met one face to face, you can learn a bit from a few years of written dialogue.

Don't beat yourself up over this! Don't dwell on it too much, think of the great memories. I'm very sorry!

I have no kids, my animals are extremely close to me, not as hunters but as family! Its always tough to let go, but we have to. Tragedy and death come in many different facets in our lives, it will continue, but we must mourn, then move forward.

But don't beat on yourself too much, find your peace.

hunt'ngreen and Plumgold1 like this.
  4. Greg Riley

Greg Riley New Member

Father God, I lift up to you Jax and his owner and friend. Cover this man with love like a warm blanket Lord, help him to cry hard and allow himself to grieve the loss. Reassure him Lord that in grieving and in time the pain will ease. Father, help this man to find some peace and rest while struggling thru the loss of a best friend. Amen

Plumgold1 likes this.
  5. Soggy Socks

Soggy Socks Senior Refuge Member

My heart goes out to you for your loss tearing up writing this thinking of my old guys that are gone.. There is a special bond between a bird dog and its best friend. I'm sure Jax felt it too. God speed Jax I'll give Cooper and extra hug tonight! I'll be thinking of you

6. wtrfwlnut

wtrfwlnut Elite Refuge Member

Tragic...My heart aches for you and Jax. RIP

Plumgold1 likes this.
  7. Plumgold1

Plumgold1 Elite Refuge Member

I was in my living room today, just down in the dumps, and I wandered over to the cans on my wall. I remember I took him out when he was still learning towards the end of one of his beginning years when the cans were finally in. We snuck the whole levee on our bellies crawling. We popped up bang bang 2 bulls dead and Jax goes out gets one and brings it back. Goes back out gets the other brings it back. We did that a lot. I loved jump shooting with him.

These memories are bringing me so much pain and joy at the same time. I really do appreciate the army of prayers, comments, stories, messages, pictures. I've been so upset over this I cannot even begin to explain, but knowing so many people are thinking about him right now is giving me some solace.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dl537, Pastor, greenheadguy09 and 3 others like this.
  8. paulm

paulm New Member

So sorry about Jax. I lost my old partner Max last year and it was hard. We were given a paw print which reminds me of the thousands of his prints as we hunted all those years..precious memories too many to count. I still remember his first pheasant. Hang in there. So sudden! Prayers for you sent up.

Plumgold1 likes this.
  9. IrvingForbes

IrvingForbes Elite Refuge Member

So sorry for your loss. Heart breaking.

Plumgold1 likes this.
  10. Big Daddy Gaddy

Big Daddy Gaddy Elite Refuge Member

Sucks to lose one…even worse when it’s unexpected. My first lab got out and was hit by a train…time is the only thing that makes it better. Gotta grieve. RIP to your friend.

Plumgold1 likes this.