My First Canada Trip Ever Oct 2020!!

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by Huntinherrington, Jan 1, 2020.

1. THEIRCOMMITED10

THEIRCOMMITED10 |Moderator Fishing|Call Sponsor| Sponsor Moderator

Right on brother . I wish every last waterfowler could experience it at least once . Bucket list type of hunts for me :tu

2. shell waster

shell waster Senior Refuge Member

My buddy talked to Canada customs/immigration in ssm..they basically said the border won't reopen for a very very longtime.

3. lablover4

lablover4 New Member

You'all maybe jumping the gun, as the US/Canada border is closed for recreational visits until the end of August for now. Considering the US"s inability to control the virus it maybe for the entire hunting season.

4. Huntinherrington

Huntinherrington Refuge Member

#1 You should look at the dates of posts before commenting.... That was posted before the outbreak.

#2 I already posted that we cancelled the trip.

#3 What are you talking about?? I haven’t said not one thing about blaming canada Or anything about the stupid virus for that matter other than it’s why we cancelled the trip.

#4 This is a thread about a cancelled hunting trip that is not even happening anymore so why is anyone even commenting on it????

5. Flyfisher

Flyfisher Elite Refuge Member

I wouldnt blame Canada if I were you and I would cancel the trip...

kmpots likes this.
  6. magnumyammerhammer

magnumyammerhammer Refuge Member

Whatever you do don't try to hide them. Just pay the duty. It's not that much.

7. Dr Duk

Dr Duk Elite Refuge Member

Declare the shells, all of them!
    Last year a member of our party brought 4 flats, declared them and wasn’t charged any duty.. Just depends on the customs agent.

magnumyammerhammer likes this.
  8. Dr Duk

Dr Duk Elite Refuge Member

Same with alcohol, declare it.

9. magnumyammerhammer

magnumyammerhammer Refuge Member

I drove all the way from western Ohio to the Portal (North Dakota/Saskatchewan border) I got searched and damn near got sent home for not declaring extra shells. I think they charged me about $12 for the extra boxes of shells. Last time I ever tried that.

10. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator

If you lie at the border, your passport is flagged and you can expect regular inspections for a few years. My wife tried to sneak a fur coat back about 20 years ago, and for the next 4 or 5 years, each time we came back from a US trip, it was "Can you please pull your vehicle into the inspection station....". Arrgh.

They have tightened up some of the border loopholes. Americans were saying they were going to Alaska, and lied. Caught 7 more last week in Banff national park. Each was fined $1200 and deported. Any new border crossings will include the time and route that can be taken, and you have to report to CDN customs prior to leaving Canada, so you can be traced. Big fines for not following directions. Almost all our cases in MB are coming from people travelling into the province, then passing it to contacts. Talk to MLA (member of provincial legislature) has led to thoughts that border may not be open to tourist travel for at least 1-2 YEARS!!!!. Could be awhile before we can cross the border in either direction.