My First Canada Trip Ever Oct 2020!!

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by Huntinherrington, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

One of our trips there was 5 of us going to North Battleford to hunt for 5 days so we did all the paperwork required before flying out .
    I had packed in my Duffle Bag 11 lbs of reloads , they were in factory boxes taped shut and all taped to together . When I was asked I told Customs they
    were in my Checked Baggage and all went well . We needed more ammo as the shooting was better than normal so we went across the river to a shell
    supplier and purchased more ammo . Some of our group purchased more than what was needed for the last 2 days hunting and as we packed to fly
    home , they didn't want to be hassled so they gave me all that they bought . I had 14 boxes of Winchesters and Kents in #2's and BB's taped together
    in my bag . When I was asked at Customs if I had ammo in my bag I told them yes and what I had . They sent me through with no problems , this time !

2. Littleboots

Littleboots Senior Refuge Member

What airline let you do that?

3. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

Air Canada out of SFO

4. Vandy Grift

Vandy Grift Refuge Member

I’m just posting to say I’m sorry your hunt had to be cancelled. That really sucks. I’ve wanted to hunt up there for a long time and if I finally booked a trip and it got cancelled I’d be heartsick. Sorry man.

5. CDNduckslayer

CDNduckslayer Senior Refuge Member

To my American brothers and sisters from the south who normally come to the north every year for the amazing waterfowl hunting. I urge you (if you can afford it in these tough times) to please still buy your Canadian waterfowl stamp.......... Canadian wildlife programs are peanuts compared to yours to the south mainly due to obviously lower hunter numbers which in turn = less $$$

As you have seen the stats, more Americans buy Canadian licences than Canadians!!!! The duck stamp program is one of the best with the $$$ going back to waterfowl. Without any Americans able to come up this year it’s going to put a major strain on the waterfowl programs up here in the “duck factory”.

I’m from Ontario and make the trip west to sask. for my own selfish reasons I’m looking extra forward to this years trip as it should be a trip of a lifetime without all the pressure from Americans/outfitters but I know this is going to hurt a lot of small businesses and waterfowl programs so there really is no silver lining for us Canadians other than maybe a few better hunts for us..........for now.

Again please if you can afford it please buy your Canadian waterfowl stamp......... think of the ducks!!! Lol

Hope everyone has a great fall hunting season!

(Sorry same post as in another thread but message needs to get out there!)

6. FriedPotatoes

FriedPotatoes Senior Refuge Member

Is this something that can be bought online, if so where?

7. CDNduckslayer

8. Killducks.com

Killducks.com Refuge Member

I’ll just sit here as usual on my little holes in west KY hoping for a cold winter... killed several Canadian bands here but looks like no fresh silver this year. Canada has completely shut down on us

9. CDNduckslayer

Yes unfortunately most banding is done when the corona had EVERYTHING shut down. All northern banding projects were cancelled from what I’m hearing but lately there have been some smaller projects going ahead in southern regions. There will be a few new bands around but no where near the norm. I don’t base my year on bands though but lots do.........