My son's first duck hunt

7bartman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I've literally tried to video the October hunt for the last 4 years, but no matter what something always seems to get screwed up. True to form, my first GoPro went down 2 minutes into legal light. I think I got enough footage with the other cameras to string together the story of the hunt. Hope you enjoy!

carolina girl

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I couldn’t take the dog, and I can’t stand go pros or tactic cams, but the end was nice. I’m glad you guys had a great hunt. The spot looked nice

7bartman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I couldn’t take the dog, and I can’t stand go pros or tactic cams, but the end was nice. I’m glad you guys had a great hunt. The spot looked nice
Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?
In all seriousness, tactacams and GoPros have caused me a lot of frustration over the years.

carolina girl

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
They suck, not worth the plastic they’re printed on. Like video of binoculars backwards. Even Derik, I consider professional, can’t prefect it. Shoot the go pro and barrel cam next time instead of the Turkey or duck, but otherwise, it was awesome!

Last edited:

carolina girl

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Regarding the dog, I couldn’t stand dogs on my boat. At one point, I thought you actually shot the dog, just saying. I would never allow them. I’d rather swim for my own bird than deal with a loud or untrained dog knocking over guns. No disrespect to you

slacktide

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
at work or behind the wheel driving to work...
Hunting with your son is the greatest pleasure.... I enjoyed taking my two boys out from before they could shoot until....
they discovered there was more sport in chasing girls... than after a while, they started coming with ole dad again!
That is a tough hunt for your sons first hunt! Boat, inexperienced lab, wood ducks @ mach 2... glad it went well...