My son's first duck hunt

derek

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Looked like a fun time. I hear you on the camera frustrations.. Tough filming in low light.

@cgirl, I'd love to ditch the barrel cams. Not a big fan of them either, but solo filming a lot of times it's the only way we'd ever have the shot on film so they serve a purpose.

Congrats Bart on your sons first hunt.

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I dont see how it happens so forking always.:doh
Guy shares video of hunting with children.
Peanut gallery lines up to find flaws and criticize to virtue signal. Thanks for sharing your boys will look at that video again in ten years and they will see perfection. Nothing wrong at all in that video. Thanks

carolina girl

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Aunt Betty, how did you end up over here? Damn, is there anywhere on this forum your not? Petitioning the owners for a forum that does not include you. You must scan the whole place to make a comment on something , somewhere. What a loser

derik, I don’t know. I don’t film my hunts. That barrel cam and go pro, just suck, unless your sky diving, surfing or Mx’n.

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Aunt Betty, how did you end up over here? Damn, is there anywhere on this forum your not? Petitioning the owners for a forum that does not include you. You must scan the whole place to make a comment on something , somewhere. What a loser

derik, I don’t know. I don’t film my hunts. That barrel cam and go pro, just suck, unless your sky diving, surfing or Mx’n.
You think you're the first to notice?
This has come up before.
Someone whined and bawled enough to where I had to talk with mods and admin about it.
I was told that I could post anywhere I want as much as I want.
I have permission.
Cmon man...lighten up.
Try the ignore feature.
I'm the most ignored member according to some.
Think I care?

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
@7bartman I hope you're following this.
I defended you to show why you "never defend yourself". See what happens?
The attacker is offended.
:doh

DonP

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Nice shooting young man. Kudos to dad for introducing his son to waterfowl hunting.

Regards to the ones who self film. I give you full credit. That's a lot of work and missed opportunities to make it happen. I appreciate all your efforts.

carolina girl

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
All I saw and heard was muzzle flash and a squealing dog. Congrats on a great hunt with your son.

Md Hunter

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Oh my gawd that was funny! Brings back memories of taking my two boys out!

We take for granted how many split second decisions we make while hunting until we have to communicate them to someone learning "take 'em, oops, hold on...over there, over there, now!"

Also this...'it's two foot but over your head'!

Reminds me of when we were out on Elliot's and I stepped out of the canoe and went in up to my waist! ("I'm fine! Uhm, can you pass dad the paddle? No, no, no. Don't get out, just toss it to me!)"

Videos like this are good regardless of the quality...you'll be surprised how much stuff you forget after a couple of years (or would have forgotten but for the video)!