California Flyway Forum Sponsors

My son's woes

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by OFH, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator

It's all messed up man.

2. OFH

OFH Elite Refuge Member

Next thing you know there will be loaded pickups parked outside Kittles and the like with sleazy looking guys alongside holding boxes hidden in their sleeves and just waiting for poor suckers like Pete

Brottboss likes this.
  3. Winchester 1897

Winchester 1897 Elite Refuge Member

Give me a PM, I can help him out the next time.

4. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

Sorry to hear of the issues OFH... this state sure makes things tough on people.. I'm sure you and/or Pete were trying to play by the rules and do it right, but I'm sure someone would have kicked down a box if asked around with the delima.. I would have offered, I don't care what the law says on shells..If I want to give or sell someone a legally obtained box of ammo by me I'll do as I please with it, as I think it's the stupidest thing I have heard of..

5. OFH

OFH Elite Refuge Member

Thanks Win, from here on out Pete will come shelled up. And Mark what do you want to bet that a really significant black market is going to develop over time over this problem? Will be interesting to track it

6. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

Our gobberment makes people be dishonest.. moon shine, drugs, taxes, ect..... and now ammo!!

7. Drifly

Drifly Senior Refuge Member

I’m not sure how the law works but I flew to Utah a couple weeks ago and took a few boxes of Hevi Metal with me to hunt with Brayden. When I arrived I found a pamphlet telling me that TSA had checked my bag but all my shells were there. I hunted the weekend a flew home on the same airline. When I got home and unpacked my hunting gear I found the same pamphlet telling me that TSA had opened my bag. The difference this time was they took my shells, they were all gone. They even took the ones out of the pockets in my game bag. I’m not sure why this happened but they took 2 boxes and a few loose rounds.

I figured this was my Newsom tax. I love this guy:flame. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Drifly

8. OFH

OFH Elite Refuge Member

TSA is a fed agency. How would they be enforcing a state law (not Newsom's doing but de Leon's and Brown's)? And that many really expensive shells is getting into some serious money they bilked you out of. But probably no way to follow up on it.

9. CalBaer

CalBaer Elite Refuge Member

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Pete,

Sorry to hear about your son. Glad to hear he will make adjustments next time. It’s happened to a few guys. Even those living here.

10. Olfducker

Olfducker Senior Refuge Member

Pete, or most anyone on this board, sometimes I hunt near Colusa. Had you pm’d me or posted an SOS, if near, I would have met him with shells in a heartbeat; legality be damned.

Bigshot75 and Duck Seeker like this.