Reaction score
Mattamuskeet back in the day
1685066852121.png

How it looks now
1685066829860.png

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Strictly within West Tennessee, on or close to TN National, Black Bayou, Reelfoot, Isom, White’s Lake, Hop-In, Horns Bluff, Lauderdale, Chickasaw, Upper Hatchie, Lower Hatchie and South Fork just about every season. Some are completely closed, and some have hunting available. I live closest to TN National, but squirrel and turkey are all I hunt there with any regularity. There are others in the region, but I rarely hunt close enough to them to count.

woodiefanatic

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
There’s a spot we’ve hunted in the past, where they switched the refuge boundary (state not federal). The spot is a little tricky to find so they must have missed the sign. So right in the middle of the kill hole is a wildlife refuge no hunting sign. Honestly I’m not sure how I never took a picture under the sign. Been a few years since I hunted back there.

mrmallerd

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Yep, we border on two sides.

HaydenHunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
First hunt after moving to Idaho was at Camas NWR. I happened to be down in Southeast ID working the week of the opener.

My first two seasons after moving to Idaho and having no dog, boat or hunting partners I extensively hunted the Kootenai National Wildlife Refuge. I knew every wadeable inch of that place (and took a few steps in water over my waders). Would typically walk in with a half dozen to eight decoys to some little pond that had no established blind. Good memories of some nice solo hunts.