need ROBO plans

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Duckin Doug, Dec 24, 2000.

1. Duckin Doug

Duckin Doug Guest

I'm looking for different types of plans so that I can make my own. Don't know if we're going to be able to use them next year so I want to keep the cost low.

2. sloughboy

sloughboy Senior Refuge Member

What's the deal - is your state thinking about banning motion dekes? In Canada, migratory bird regulations are a federal matter (i.e., beyond provincial jurisdiction) - is it the same in the USA, or do states pass their own laws regarding migratory birds?

3. Duckin Doug

Duckin Doug Guest

To be all honest with you on that, I'm not really sure. I've just heard this from some of the officers in the area and from some of the guys at the local sport shops.I believe that the states make up the regulation and then get the ok from the feds.(don't quote me on this)

4. Quackenback

Quackenback Senior Refuge Member

In USA the feds can ban the decoys and probably will. If they do they will be outlawed in all states. Each state can also outlaw them (in this case you could get a ticket from the state and the federal warden)My guess is that the feds will outlaw them by next season. This subject has gotten a lot of attention from the press. I believe USA today had an article on 12-28 about these decoys.
    On a personal note I hope they are outlawed. I beleive they are doing great harm to the habits of the ducks including migration. Lets get back to using our skills!

5. IDLABS

IDLABS Senior Refuge Member

I don't think they are going to outlaw them but to tell you the truth I think the duck will get wise to them. they already are in this area. They are so dam decoy shy they won't land with echother. I have one that I just bought It hasn't helped me out alot but the bird have left so I havn't had alot of birds to test them on. I think everyone got a motion decoy for christmas so next year I think they will work good for the firt half of the season but I think the birds will get wise. They get call shy as well. Late season geese Hear I don't use a call much at all. Depend on the amount of pressure they get. I don't mind if the ban the motion decoy because I think it makes it more of a challenge. But I don't believe in guided hunt either or paying to hunt. You already by a license and stamps all people are doing is selling game that is suppose to be everyones. People are lazy and I think have really taken the romance out of the most romantic sport. Nothing is so awsome then a morning hunting with friends and a good retriever. I don't take my gun as much as I use to. I try to get kids away from video games and such to hunt. Working dogs and watching kids is so fun. Last season I took my girlfriend and her little brother on their first shoot they shot a lot. They had the time of their lives. thats what its all about. good luck!!

------------------

6. BrownDogChip

BrownDogChip New Member

Duckin Doug--

We bought a toy bat that flaps it's wings, it takes 2 AA batteries, has an 18 inch wingspan, it's wings beat at approx. 300 beats per minute and gave it a paint job. the bat cost about $5. Bought it from a street vendor at Soulard Market in St. Louis, Mo, also saw similar items at Big Lots store for approx. $7, thought you might be interested. Doesn't really look like a duck, but it might do the job, we'll have to wait until next season to find out. The wings fold up.

Here are some before and after pictures of it
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[This message has been edited by BrownDogChip (edited 01-13-2001).]