California Flyway Forum Sponsors

NEVER FORGET...9/11/01

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by George, Sep 11, 2018.

1. George

George Elite Refuge Member

FB_IMG_1536648891592.jpg

callinfowl, DuckFan, canada and 13 others like this.
  2. Mort

Mort Elite Refuge Member

I will just repost what I already posted one of the other forums...

In general, we Americans are complacent and go on day to day living our lives oblivious to the real dangers in the world. Let this day, if nothing else, serve as a reminder that we are vulnerable. Thanks to all those in the military and first responders who remain vigilant. Let us never forget.

3. dukdog

dukdog Elite Refuge Member

I don’t know how anyone could forget that awful day and the need to be vigilant!!!
    To those who suffered personal loss on that day and for those lost prayers sent.

4. swingnmiss

swingnmiss Senior Refuge Member

Great post for a horrible day. Still vivid
    in my mind and still pisses me off.

God Bless the USA

5. mak2782

mak2782 Elite Refuge Member

I still think about this day several times throughout the year. I was about 18 when it happened. My best bud and I had a fishing trip planned that day so I was up early for an 18 y/o. We watched it in silence until the first tower fell. We decided to go after that to kinda put the river on our mind and not focus on the horrors of the day.

We got to the river ........ tried to fish....... neither of us could focus, so we just sat on the bank for hours, even laid down a bit in the shade to stare at the eerily empty skies...... no airplanes in sight, no jet trails, ...... no one on the roads. remember it like it was yesterday.......... pure silence.

If anyone is into history and the events of the day, history channel runs some excellent shows on it all day long today. Definitely worth watching..... I watch every year....... with clinched fists.

thank you firefighters, police, military and all who helped on that fateful day!

callinfowl and freefall like this.
  6. Johnny Ringo

Johnny Ringo Elite Refuge Member

Will never forget this and how it changed our country forever. I watched the whole thing play out from my parents living room, and it made me numb... I was 17.

The following year, my band's travels led me to ground zero in late August. The city was preparing for the memorial service that was about to take place. There were families grieving every where you looked. Touching pictures with tear filled eyes of their lost loved ones... pictures that were hung on chain link fence that surrounded massive holes, where the towers once stood. I couldn't count how many there were... In preparation for the memorial, they sounded the city alarms, without any notice. Maybe they stated they were going to do so in the papers or on the news, but when the alarms sounded off, everyone, began to panic... some were running, running where, I don't know... it was a bit of chaos. I can't remember a more somber scene, or atmosphere. Truly saddening.

freefall likes this.
  7. Daniel D

Daniel D Senior Refuge Member

5am weight training in college.
    Coach says go home and be with your families.
    Nobody left the TV we were all in shock.

8. RemSpt58

RemSpt58 Elite Refuge Member

Woke up around 6:30 to go to 9:00 AM American History class. Watched the news until it was time to go. Class didn’t start on time but the instructor did come out and talk about the gravity of the situation from a historical perspective, obviously shookin up. By that time it was obviously a terrorist attack.

9. Drifly

Drifly Senior Refuge Member

I was in NYC today on business. I wasn’t able to make it to ground zero but here’s a few pictures from my trip
    3BEDCB7D-B35B-4DDA-A31A-7AA39957F588.jpeg 01721568-9391-4C2D-B122-90BF9D58FB17.jpeg BC4AEF09-217C-48D5-BAD2-3AD2B64673E4.jpeg

NEVER FORGET!

Drifly

freefall and Duck Seeker like this.
  10. Silver Wings

Silver Wings Elite Refuge Member