Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

New boat looking for blind ideas

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by IowaWaterfowler10, Mar 14, 2016.

1. IowaWaterfowler10

IowaWaterfowler10 Senior Refuge Member

hey guys. Recently got a 16ft by 60in flat bottom. It has console stearing on it so the blind will work around that. I want a low profile hard side blind. I've looked through hundreds of pages on threads and haven't seen anything quite perfect yet. Was hoping you guys would have some good pictures to share. Was thinking something along the gator trax gen2 but NEED to be able to run heaters in it. Thanks for any help guys!

2. Kendall Steffensen

Kendall Steffensen Senior Refuge Member

3. Ringbill

Ringbill Elite Refuge Member

I've run quite a few blinds in 40+ years & really appreciate the Beavertail
    blind I've got now.

Ringbill

4. smashdn

smashdn Elite Refuge Member

If you are doing a hardside blind don't worry about accomodating the console, integrate it into the blind design and make it so it doesn't take up floor space.

Steal some ideas from here > http://www.sw-marine.com/gallery.html

5. IowaWaterfowler10

IowaWaterfowler10 Senior Refuge Member

Thanks for the link. I've thought a lot about the Barnie style blinds but could never find good enough pictures. Although not sure I'm crazy over the holes in the top being open like that.

6. smashdn

<try this. I haven't watched this but recall them hunting out of this a few times and thinking it wasn't terrible. Pretty low profile too IIRC.

I like a little overhead cover myself.

7. Dalton Asmussen

Dalton Asmussen New Member

I am in the same boat as you. I want a real low profile hard side. I like the idea of a high/low because of the behind the head, and little bit of over head concealment. Check out marshmonster's hard sided blind. I think thats the one I am going to replicate on my 1648 Alweld.

8. GetDuck

GetDuck Elite Refuge Member

you can run flip panels on the low side to "hide" the holes. Where are you located in Iowa? There are several "high/low hard side" rigs located in central Iowa that guys would probably let you come look at.

9. Fowl-Action

Fowl-Action Senior Refuge Member

these arn't my pictures I stole them from a Craigslist add I saw but its about as low profile as you can get. 00606_lyg8m1tZUVn_600x450.jpg 00A0A_aibrcihNIVD_600x450.jpg 00R0R_1LSmssNTLUg_600x450.jpg

10. smashdn

If it were me I would rather have a deeper high side than a deeper low side. You could tuck yourself further up under there to get out of the weather and you wouldn't bang your chin or forehead on the lowside to reach all the way up uder that overhang.