New Enclosed Trailer

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Flyway Forum' started by canpoint, Jul 13, 2021.

1. canpoint

canpoint Elite Refuge Member

For what it is worth. I had bought a new Stealth 7x16 aluminum trailer last fall. It was junk so I sold it.

Ordered a Discovery Trailer from Trailers Midwest in INdiana. They have a couple of dealers in WI. The workmanship on the trailer is perfect. It took a few months as I ordered it. I would highly recommend them!!!

Lexuss, Bclick and fishmunkee like this.
  2. KwickLabs

KwickLabs Elite Refuge Member

In contrast, I bought a Stealth trailer (not aluminum) and it has served me well. :tu

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. dvegas

dvegas Senior Refuge Member

Can you explain more why it was junk? I am currently in the market for a new or newer used 7x16 and would like to hear more.

4. canpoint

canpoint Elite Refuge Member

SO my experience is:
    Welds were globbed on:(
    D rings were not even bolted on. Bolts went through - no nuts on them.
    Plywood trip fell off after the ride home.
    Wiring did not work after the ride home.

I understand that you can get a bad product. Only as good as who makes it. That being said...I should have stood my ground and demanded a new product or replacement/repair when I picked it up. It was last summer...no trailers available like now in all aluminum. There attitude was.....if you don't take it....some one will. That is not a company I would chose to do business with as I am not that type of person.

I was very happy with my discovery trailer, the craftsmanship is excellent and I like some of the features that they included as extras....and it took 3 months to get it.

fishmunkee likes this.
  5. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

This spring we bought a Cross brand trailer. It's solid and I'm happy.
    6x12 with mower ramp door with extended height by a foot. Was $4200. Ouch
    I like it. Paid cash. Felt great doing it.

6. KwickLabs

KwickLabs Elite Refuge Member

I can't understand how a dealer would sell you a poorly built trailer. Who did you buy it from
    (a dealer ?) and why didn't they take care of these issues. What about contacting the
    manufacturers?

7. Dr Swane

Dr Swane Elite Refuge Member

We upgraded 2 years again from a shop in ElkHart IN. Paid $2700 cash for a 6x12 v-nose singe axle. It holds 15dozen + full body goose decoys, some layouts, ducks, and 3 full panel blinds. It gets towed 40miles or more per trip (driven into fields) over 100 times a year. No issues. Seeing prices Now, hindsight is good on this purchase.

8. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

The aluminum represents "energy costs" since it is made by electricity. Bauxite, most common mineral on the planet, is aluminum ore. The process requires much energy. This is why recycling aluminum is so critical. It's energy.
    Our trailers got high priced fast. inflation helped