Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

New Gear for 2020

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by IowaWaterfowler10, Aug 7, 2020.

1. IowaWaterfowler10

IowaWaterfowler10 Senior Refuge Member

You won't be disappointed!! Dakota hoody is hands down my favorite piece!!!

2. Drake91

Drake91 Senior Refuge Member

Alot of new toys for me this year new old town sol sportsman canoe fitted it with a cabelas northern flight layout blind for it... picked up a 1/2 dozen of avian x wood ducks... benelli montefeltro 20ga... plus lots of ammo steel and bismuth for it... not to do with waterfowl but I picked up a new 7mm also earlier this year

3. Vammy

Vammy Elite Refuge Member

I'm obviously doing this wrong; I bought 2 flats of BB and #3 in 12ga.

That's it :yes:yes:yes

4. nwood

nwood Refuge Member

New to me hawk cano thanks (pointblind)! Wing lock fuge calls Some big als sleeper solos /silo ducks.

5. Sunklands

Sunklands Elite Refuge Member

Ordered a cane call from Dale Bordelon.

6. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator

You know better.....in my neck of the woods, the American hunters leave after CDN thanksgiving and I won't usually see one after mid-October. After that, the hunting becomes easier for me until freezeup, which is when the birds will all move out. There are three things that will move birds out of an area, lack of food, heavy hunting pressure, and freeze out (all lakes and rivers frozen). As we have sufficient food on the fields and in the marshes, very few hunters, the only real mover is when the ice forms over the river. I have been frozen out by mid-October some years, and I have quit hunting November 29th on other years. It is a toss up as to when the season will end, and the birds will have all migrated.

7. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Plane ticket from HSV to Winnipeg is $139 round trip. Finally cheap enough to go, can’t go. LOL

Allan and OneShotBandit like this.
  8. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator

Yeah, border is still closed. Talk of building a wall to make sure the yankees don't sneak across. Fines went up for those sneaky border crossers on our southern border. If you lie and say you are "going to Alaska", then deviate from your plan, you are then failing to provide accurate information, which is an offence under the Quarantine Act and could lead to up to: 6 months in prison and/or. $750,000 in fines.

9. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

That's outrageous!

10. Feathers

Feathers Senior Refuge Member

While I do not see a wall as necessary to keep tourists out, I hope you do build a wall. Maybe our libs won’t be so opposed to the idea of border security.

But then again, who am I kidding? The wall was trumps idea so they will never agree to it.

Hopefully when it comes time for all the canucks to come down to the states for the winter we welcome them with open arms. Closing a border for months over a virus that is not a risk to a vast majority of the public is a major over reaction.