California Flyway Forum Sponsors

New Gun.....

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by surfnbrett, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Sweatliner

Sweatliner Elite Refuge Member

Well since you ONLY have 99 replies, what’s one more. Haha

I bought a Beretta A350 about a year ago. Love the gun. Fits ME well and I shoot it fairly well. Obviously in only a year not a great test. Cycles 2 3/4” well, not a lot of rounds. A couple of cases this duck season. I did have an issue where it turned into a full automatic. Beretta had me send it to an authorized gunsmith. Verdict was rust in the trigger group. I don’t get it because I keep that gun immaculate. Anyways they warrantied it and I got the gun back and worked well. Worked well for turkeys

Good luck in your search.

surfnbrett likes this.
  2. Dr Swane

Dr Swane Elite Refuge Member

Also, if your looking for a gas gun, the Beretta A350 is a great option. I picked mine up new in box Mod chokes, in black for $875 shipped.

it was beretta’s attempt to feel out the market before they went to the a400 platform. Almost everything in the a400 is the same as the 350. You won’t get the kick off system, and only get 1 choke (modified) but the operating system is the same. It’s a bigger and heavier gun than the Franchi/M2, but it’s a beretta with mods and parts available. Again, Franchi has the best warranty. (3.5 chamber too)

I have an a400, a350, 391 extrema2, 300, Franchi intensity, CZ, Benelli, and other Turkish semis/pumps.
    With all of that, I actually also enjoy shooting an OU for clays and hunting.
    I think the a400 is one of the best gas guns on the market today, and the 350 shares most of the make up of it for a lower cost. however, I’ve actually had 2 parts go in for warranty work, maybe it’s just my luck.

3. creedsduckman

creedsduckman Elite Refuge Member

I actually looked at buying an a350 a few years ago. They seemed to get good reviews from what I remember and the sub $1000 price was nice. The gun felt good in my hands and from what I remember didn't seem to feel as bulky as an A400 xtreme plus although I never did a side by side comparison. I like the idea of the kick off system but part of me worries about it failing down the road. I also am not sure I would like the rubber on the grip and forearm. I'd really like to shoot both of them sometime.

4. surfnbrett

surfnbrett Refuge Member

Thanks again for all the great info guys. I walked into a few gun shops and more often than not knew a ton about whichever gun I picked up because of this thread, and checked out some of the characteristics each gun had that you guys mentioned. For now, I’m going to postpone the buy as I cannot find anything on sale to save my life in this very high demand market at the moment. Plus, the longer I wait the more I can keep adding to the gun fund and buy the best gun I can when the right one comes up.

5. Dr Swane

Dr Swane Elite Refuge Member

Gun sales should begin around Father’s Day and before sept if you can hold out. Keep checking arms list, and Gun Deals websites. Grab a gun, has great service as well if you give them a call, based in Texas. Reeds just did a big sale, they may still honor their prices, and others will price match. where are you from? The shooting clubs always seem to have guns for sale, but those guys usually are tight to their value.

6. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

Dunn's Sporting Goods seems a good one to watch for sales prices.

surfnbrett likes this.
  7. surfnbrett

surfnbrett Refuge Member

I go back and forth from Orange County and Prescott. Going to keep my eye out

8. ducxecutioner

ducxecutioner Senior Refuge Member

A5 inertia is the best gun I have ever owned including a gold hunter aka SX 2

9. ducxecutioner

ducxecutioner Senior Refuge Member

I see a lot of SX love I shot a browning gold hunter for 10 years which is a SX final retired it went with an A5 it’s like comparing a Mac truck to a Ferrari. My hunting partners all shoot SX 3 and 4’s poor *******s they don’t know what there missing. I am no Exspert but I have been in the game before lead was banned. Just my two cents. Also a little more important shoulder a lot of models one will fit better than others. My browning gold hunter never fit that great but a SBE always fit perfect just stuck on browning I am a little hard headed. The fit will affect you shooting more than the manufacturer and most manufacturers make pretty reliable guns if maintain properly. Good luck be patient also keep an eye on Cabela’s gun library you can have one shipped from other stores to a local store with no obligation to purchase

10. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

My gun costs 1/4 of yours, my freezer was full, you win.