New guy from OK

Bratch

Reaction score
I stumbled across this fine establishment while researching shotguns. I’ve been duck hunting the past couple years with a buddy but am looking to get more serious. Most of the past 20 years has been spent as a defensive shooter so lots more time with 00 than #3.

API

PAF-CA Flyway
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!!!

sdkidaho

Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming
Reaction score
Welcome to the Refuge

Bratch

Reaction score
00 over T for home defense?

All day. Federal LE133 is like a prefragmented .72 caliber rifle bullet out to 15 yds for me. I leaned towards a tighter pattern over a more traditional 1”/yd open Buck pattern.

If I could have ever gotten my hands on the #1B Fed Flite Control it would have been a serious contender.

11F94AF0-D611-44C2-8CF1-8D10109BD725.jpeg

That’s 2 shots of LE133 out of a 14” Mossberg Shockwave, one at 10 yds and one at 15 yds.

RonMexico

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
All day. Federal LE133 is like a prefragmented .72 caliber rifle bullet out to 15 yds for me. I leaned towards a tighter pattern over a more traditional 1”/yd open Buck pattern.

If I could have ever gotten my hands on the #1B Fed Flite Control it would have been a serious contender.

Thanks. Good to know.

Last edited:

Bratch

Reaction score
Thanks. Good to know.

I've been using T to good effect when aerial gunning pigs so I was considering it for my house but self-defense isn't an area I'm well-versed in.
I’m far from an expert but do have some formal training.

Biggest drawback I’ve seen for the smaller shots is penetration. If you’re shooting pigs with it you’ll have a good idea of how it performs in flesh. If you’re presented with a less than optimal target (side instead of front) you’ll need a good 18” of penetration. The Miami shootout where Dove shot Platt with a 9mm is a perfect example of this.

Other draw back to the big magnum 3 and 3.5” shells is split times on shots and recovery for the next shot.