New Ohio River Locks

15thTN

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

smashdn

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I don't think 858 million will be enough.

The way I read that is they will just make the lock chambers larger and deeper, not necessarily the river pool.

15thTN

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I don't think 858 million will be enough.

The way I read that is they will just make the lock chambers larger and deeper, not necessarily the river pool.

Yeah I realized that after I posted. Funny thing is, they just finished redoing some locks on this end of the Ohio not long ago. Typical government BS, spend a ton of money, then spend more redoing what they just finished.

duckmann

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see tge definition of "large cargo ships". I'm skeptical that such ships could clear some of the bridges on the Ohio. I think it's just another money toss. Supposed to "address the supply chain" problem. This project will take years to complete. Interestingly we didn't have a"supply chain" problem until the current group of clowns took over.

15thTN

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
What I find funny is how they say inflation is 7%. When you go to the grocery, or even Lowes, everything is much, much higher than 7%. I bought a sheet of 1\2 plywood 1st of December for $35. Went to buy another this week, and it was $49. I opted for 3\8 for $40. Spent $163 at Walmart tonight for stuff that would've been $75 not long ago.

duckmann

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
What I find funny is how they say inflation is 7%. When you go to the grocery, or even Lowes, everything is much, much higher than 7%. I bought a sheet of 1\2 plywood 1st of December for $35. Went to buy another this week, and it was $49. I opted for 3\8 for $40. Spent $163 at Walmart tonight for stuff that would've been $75 not long ago.
You know that figures don't lie but liars figure

FeetdownKY

Refuge Member
Reaction score
LMAO. If people only knew the real numbers on Olmsted lock and dam. Greatest guberment boondoggle of all time.