New truck

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by mpkowal, Mar 6, 2019.

1. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

Chevy,ford ,nissan titan or Ram.1500 series NO Tundra.

2. huntaholic21

huntaholic21 Senior Refuge Member

Why no tundra?

Swampy likes this.
  3. newduk

newduk Elite Refuge Member

2012 Silverado here, after 2 Ram 1500s, ( which I liked very well). So far, so good, no problems.

4. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Been very happy with my 2017 RAM 1500 Laramie. Have had it 1 year 8 mos. No problems. Drove a half dozen Chevy 1500s before that as company cars. Put 120-130K on each and only ever had one repair issue, covered under warranty. They are good trucks also. When it came time to retire and buy my own rig, I felt RAM was a bigger bang for the buck. A similarly equipped Chevy would have cost me $5K more. Chevys are known for smooth ride, but my RAM is pretty cushy. Plus the Hemi will blow the doors off the 5.3L Chevy V8.

salthunter likes this.
  5. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Because in terms of new trucks they lag well behind everyone else?

WestKyHunt and WHUP ! Hen like this.
  6. missed mallards

missed mallards Senior Refuge Member

Not enough difference to really make that much of a difference. Find out what u want in a truck, get your pkg together, and go with the one u want to pay for!

That said I’m going to try Chevy switching from Ford. Who knows. New dodge rides good (19’). I used an 18 for 3 weeks and it didn’t. Packages have a lot to do with it too.

Wish Toyota would revamp their line. Solid trucks just has a blind spot for me I can’t get over. For a truck, they seem to have the least problems.

7. thatguy2

thatguy2 Elite Refuge Member

After my 2015 Ram I wouldnt drive one if you gave it to me. Thats all I got. Currently enjoying my 2010 paid for Silverado.

8. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

Bad experience with previous toyotas.looks like he is going with ChevyZ71,best test drive.

chessydogs likes this.
  9. 3labman

3labman Senior Refuge Member

2011 GMC 1/2 ton, really want a new one but I like not having a payment. When it starts breaking down on a regular basis I'll buy one.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  10. BigSkyDuk

BigSkyDuk Senior Refuge Member

I’ll plug Ford... I’ve got a 2015 F150 with the 3.5 eco boost and it’s gotta be the best 1/2 ton truck engine on the market today. Drives like a diesel, with all the torque down low in the rpms, but without the cost of diesel fuel and maintenance.

Drove all Ford, Chevy, and Dodge at various times for work back when I traveled. The Chevy couldn’t hold top gear in a medium headwind on flat ground... that 5.3 is gutless. The Dodge (not the latest model) was OK, but you pay for that smooth coil spring ride with a huge lack of payload. Drove the Ford, didn’t even downshift going up a mountain pass, plus comfortable and that was all it took to sell me.

I have 60,000 on mine now, nothing but oil changes.

Fowler267 likes this.