New truck

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by mpkowal, Mar 6, 2019.

1. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

While it may run circles around them, don't get your hopes up on actually being able to go "around" them. Seems a few have been having steering problems. But then again, Dodge's have always had front-end issues, so maybe it's just SOP that their steering components fail often? Your warranty may cover the front end, but it doesn't cover your death because the front end failed, much like the warranty from Yota didn't cover all those folks who couldn't stop "Moving Forward".

About 4 years ago, we had an idiot at work get his truck stuck in the parking lot. He ran off in the ditch trying to park. Another fella at work with a Ram 2500 tried to pull him out. He was pulling him from the back of the Ram, forward. All at once, the tie-rod snapped on the Ram. I imagine that would have sucked at 75-80 MPH. Each front wheel was going in a separate direction. Dodge even said the snap had nothing to do with him pulling out the other truck, it was just a defective product. He sold it as soon as it was repaired.

Seems like many folks are having the same transmission issues my sister had with her Challenger. Tranny dies, and you must wait weeks to months for a replacement, because they are so behind from swapping out other trannys.

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ram/1500/2019/
    https://www.edmunds.com/ram/1500/2019/consumer-reviews/?sorting=userRating:asc

tcc and num70 like this.
  2. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Mines been great. The 3 others have work have been great. I have no doubt there are isolated issues on a first year release. As far as Trans issues? Again, the ZF trans has been great.A far cry from the Old Rams. Remember the camshaft issues Toyota had with the Tundra? It will work itself out. There will always be haters.

As far as those consumer reports? People go online to bitch and cry. A few of them made me laugh. Noise cancellation giving them headaches. I swear they pay people to go online and write bogus reviews. Probably paid by GM since Ram has been eaten away at them and even outsold the Silverado last year in the last quarter.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  3. newduk

newduk Elite Refuge Member

Better be careful where you use that phrase nowdays.....

widgeon likes this.
  4. Mrs.10GAGENUT

Mrs.10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

You know as well as I do but a Dodge owner will never admit it, the trucks are cheaper than a Ford or Chevy so that makes things OK in ignore the problems land...:eek:

tcc likes this.
  5. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

That one was stupid.

Yes, I remember the 20 out of 30,000 engines that had camshafts break, all of which were covered by Toyota putting an entirely new engine in those 20. What a travesty! :l

6. buck_master_2001

I’ve only out 100k on my previous two Rams but in that 100k I’ve never had an issue with any of them. I will be the first to admit I hated on Ram for all the reasons you guys do. I am now on my 3rd Ram and I couldn’t care less what people say about them. They all will have issues at some point and I’ve heard and read my fair share about all brands. It just don’t matter to me.

7. buck_master_2001

Come on up to Yankee land. We will roll around in my Evil Ram shooting birds out of our millions of acres of flooded corn.

8. duckdown1

duckdown1 Elite Refuge Member

Dodge trucks have come a long ways. But the biggest problem on them is their resale. Its awful compared to the other manufacturers.

tcc likes this.
  9. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Not sure I agree. When I bought in summer of 2017 I checked the used market and the prices seemed high, so I bought new.

10. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

I wanna shoot collared geese with a .17hmr. You down?

riverrat47 likes this.