New truck

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by mpkowal, Mar 6, 2019.

1. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

That's the method of choice, only our geese are so big, we use a minimum of a 30-06, 180 grain.

callinfowl likes this.
  2. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Holy crap. That’s a pterodactyl load!

riverrat47 likes this.
  3. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

Huh, 'round here we call that a turkey load.

4. callinfowl

callinfowl MEGA.

Maybe you should bump those up to the 220gr .06 bullets just to be safe.:l:l:l

riverrat47 likes this.
  5. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

We often use the 220 gr. for the Giant Canadas, because the local Walmart doesn't carry to much of the .375 H&H 250 gr. ammo.

Vammy and stevena198301 like this.
  6. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator

the 5.0 litre is pretty bullet proof. I had bought the eco-boost to give me extra power for pulling a 28 foot travel trailer. Gobs of power and torque, but the reliability is just plain poor. I find the ride on the F-150 is excellent when compared to comparable GM or Dodge products. I need a comfy ride, as I regularly drive to WPG, which is 6.5 hours away from here, and if the seat is stiff or uncomfortable, you can roll me out of the truck when I get there.

7. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

If you think the f150 is nice. Go ride in a Ram. As an owner of both I can say it’s not even close. The f150 does handle better. Prolly due to its light weight.

The newer ecoboosts are much more reliable. You have an early model.

Vammy likes this.
  8. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

I’ll reserve judgement on Dodge until they prove they can build a transmission that doesn’t fall apart within a few years. Maybe they have turned a corner; hired better engineers, retooled the factories. But I’m not gonna overlook decades of Dodge’s documented low quality products because @buck_master_2001 from the Refuge (as much as I value your opinion) says Dodge’s are good now.

Besides, weren’t you pimping Fords a couple years ago, saying they are the best thing since sliced bread? And now you are pimping Dodges? Seems suspect to me.

tcc, stevena198301 and bullpinnie like this.
  9. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Same (with minor updates) tranny in the 2013-2019 models. 8 speed German outfit.

10. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator

It's all about the ride. I find my F-150 is very comfy. My BIL's Dodge seats are stiff, and I find the ride harsh, but I think he has an air-ride system installed for his fifth wheel, but I can only state what I felt anecdotally. I still might just grab a Hilux import and run it into the ground. An older one, maybe a 2003-2005 with mechanical linkages rather than electronic. My favorite episode of top gear was the one where they try to kill the Toyota Hilux. (part 2 and 3 are links)

Duck_Hunter_TX likes this.