New Weapon

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting Forum' started by MJ, May 3, 2019.

1. freefall

freefall Elite Refuge Member

If it consistently shoots MOA or better at 100 that should carry out to distance with quality glass and the right load.

I'll take 6 for 6 at a grand from any rifle. That's a very accurate rifle and great shooting :tu

MJ likes this.
  2. MJ

MJ Administrator Moderator

Perfect conditions today. I wish I could shoot like that every day!

3. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

At that range, recon the meat might spoil before you can get to it?

4. Rice Hunter

Rice Hunter Senior Refuge Member

Good shooting.

I used to haul a heavy rifle/scope around. When I dropped 4.5 lbs off my rifle/scope combo, things got easier.

I know people always say to drop a few lbs of body weight and carry a heavier rifle but I'm at fighting weight at 179 lbs. Right now, so I like the lighter rifle setup.

5. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

My regular Bergara hunter shoots 1/2 MOA at 200, with off the shelf stuff, as well. It’s not a light rifle, but it’s no HMR, either. It’s perfectly capable past a grand, but it’s not made to sit and do it all day, like the HMR. I might grab a 7mm or PRC, once I get time to load more, just to practice past 600 more. Maybe even a 300....if you’re gonna lug around >12# of rifle, scope, and gizmos, that can’t kick much anyway, it should hit way out there like thor’s Hammer, and not a gnat.... or that’s one theory. Sure, a creed or will do it with less fuss to the shooter, but might as as well make the most impression you can, when going really long for other than competition. LOL