New year success

2eagles

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Killed the first bird. Second one I shot at sailed over 1/4 mile across a chisel plowed corn field. I watched it, well I think it was the goose but maybe a dirt clod, not move for 10 minutes, thought it was probably dead. A pair came in and I shot one, but couldn’t go for a double, concerned that other goose was dead to fill my limit. Got out of my blind even though several birds were coming my way. Took the hike to find out it was my goose, but definitely not dead. I took a diagonal line to him so not to get it running or flying before I was in range for a kill shot. Ended another quick hunt while lots of geese were still liking the field I was hunting.
3C79439D-E86B-4B6E-B8D9-DD76D4EFD7FB.jpeg

R.R.HARBAUGH

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Sweet!!!
Do you grind any of your geese into bologna or sausage?
Old trick we use on ice and frozen ground for cripples.
If they stand up aim about 2 feet below them, and shoot the ground or ice. That shot acts like a scythe and cuts the legs right out from under them.
Chase over !!!! No pellets in the body.
Either ring their necks, or head shoot them when close enough.
If they jump, stretched necks with wings back make for easy collecting.

2eagles

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Sweet!!!
Do you grind any of your geese into bologna or sausage?
Old trick we use on ice and frozen ground for cripples.
If they stand up aim about 2 feet below them, and shoot the ground or ice. That shot acts like a scythe and cuts the legs right out from under them.
Chase over !!!! No pellets in the body.
Either ring their necks, or head shoot them when close enough.
If they jump, stretched necks with wings back make for easy collecting.
I’ve never been able to make sausage or jerky that tastes very good. BUT! Kramer Sausage Co in LaPorte City does a great job for me. Never tried tried anything but a kill shot either.