new years eve day

BayMan718

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
being me and vinny knew getting up new years day was out of the question we went out new years eve morning..

i scouted the night before and saw where the geese were heading out to roost up so we set up on the morning return path..

around 7ish we had a bunch of buffleheads decide to join our broadbill decoys and we dumped all 3 that came in..lil bit latter we had 3 brant come in and they wound up doa

then we had nuthing for about 45 mins..and were wondering if we should call it a morning thinking maybe the geese had chose a different flight path ..we figgured sit it out for another 20 mins..good thing we did..5 mins latter we saw the first flight lift off the marsh and head our way..they sailed to the right a tad out of range..then came a second that worked to the left but vinny was able to tag one bird out of the tail of the flock..a 3rd flight went completely the other way..and the last flight could not have been any more perfect..8 birds maybe 20 yards off the marsh..coming dead center between the puddle blocks and the goose blocks..we knocked 4 birds out of that group..we waited a lil bit longer and didnt see anything so we packed it in..totalling up 3 brant 3 buffleheads and 5 geese

one other guy was way to the north of us and he was hammering the birds too..other then that it was dead as far as shooting

still no puddlers to speak of so were concentrating on the geese for now i have 4 watefront home owners scatered around the bay on " goose watch" and giving me detail reports on goose movements..

as soon asi figgure how to get my digtal camera to work ill put pictures online

takecare

bayman

BayMan718

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
joey..the bufflehead i make in crockpot with ALOT of sour kruat...my partner vinny makes the brant in his homemade old school " sauce" ..the lawndarts go to my asain nieghbor and how he cooks them i have no idea but he loves them to death