Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Next phase of life travel on the road in a RV thinking camper van. Sprinter or smaller

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Lip Shooter, Jul 9, 2020.

1. cprodave

cprodave Senior Refuge Member

Wife and i were considering purchase of an RV but then attended an RV Show where we listened to a couple lecture sessions about RV Maintenance. Having recently and very happily sold my center console boat (which had very little use but still needed ongoing fixing/maintenance last couple years i owned it) we passed on buying an RV. We had also sold our primary residence and moved into our 2nd home--happy to be maintaining only 1 house. So we bought a bare bones RAM Promaster City instead. It gets 27mpg and has tons of room for multiple trips we have taken East Coast to Texas or Arkansas. We carry a couple sleeping bags and foam mattresses for camping or even brief bivoucs at Walmart etc. With minimal work more elaborate sleeping arrangements could be built--see Promaster forums. Around town it is great for hauling stuff protected from weather and theft. This works for us because i have zero interest in maintaining a house on wheels or a 3rd vehicle. BTW our son has a Casita and it too requires fixing . Just not my cup of tea...

Clam likes this.
  2. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

If you're up for a little diy..
    FB_IMG_1596219712938.jpg

GUNNERX2 and stevena198301 like this.
  3. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

And still single?

4. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

We have a 14 toy hauler for the ATV. We mostly Boondock,.. And some people make do with some very small quarters. Visiting with mature couples They seem to like the bigger vans . Howevr each had extra toys inside and on top