Next season

Discussion in 'Arizona Flyway Forum' started by timbutcher, May 6, 2020.

1. timbutcher

timbutcher Moderator Moderator

So I was thinking about new strategies for next year.
    I am thinking about adding a new blind to the boat.

Anybody else hunt from a boat?

2. Colin Shepherd

Colin Shepherd New Member

Tim,

I run a smaller "sneak boat" style boat, if that counts? Stealth 2000 with a custom mud motor and coffin-style blind doors to hide under. Talk with Jeff Stone, he runs a bitchin boat blind and would be better suited towards your hunting style.

Its more recent, but I have seen guys building a "frame" out of conduit on their boats, scissor style, but instead of the traditional fast grass/burlap tarps they are hanging the TangleFree Panel blinds on the outside. Looks to be incredibly effective for divers or areas where you can anchor the boat close to Tules. Just a thought. I will be running the panel blinds for the shallow-water and dry field areas this coming season.

3. AzSprig

AzSprig Elite Refuge Member

I lived in AZ for about 12 years until 2004 and killed BOATLOADS of birds out of a Stealth 2000. I don't want to spot burn on the forum, but I could share some info via PM if you need some ground to hunt out of that boat.

4. Colin Shepherd

Colin Shepherd New Member

Awesome!! I love the stealth for ducks - I’ve been building it up over the past years to make it my custom duck boat haha.