Reaction score
Screenshot_20221005-094928_Brave.jpg

API

PAF-CA Flyway
Reaction score

WoodieSC

North/South Carolina Flyway Forum
Reaction score
Who is the owner of the program that got chumped? Hello citizens of NY!
It couldn't happen to a better bunch of people... NYC, specifically, not all of NY State.

I'm thinking a couple of us ought to get together to buy a good 3D printer... :doh
:dv

WoodieSC

North/South Carolina Flyway Forum
Reaction score
I don't see "guns" I see GUN PARTS! :scratch Am I being too technical?
The lower has the serial number, which legally is ‘the gun’ for an AR style firearm, or a handgun, etc.

OneShotBandit

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about that-Thanks Woodie for the clarification! :tu

pintail2222

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The lower has the serial number, which legally is ‘the gun’ for an AR style firearm, or a handgun, etc.

The flyer for the buy-back event allegedly read "extra money for guns with no serial numbers" according to the guy who 3D printed the guns.

UTICA, N.Y. (UPDATED) -- A man who identified himself only as "Kem" saw people tweeting about using 3D printers to make guns for the sole purpose of selling them for big bucks at gun buyback programs, like the one the New York State Attorney General's Office held at the Utica Police Department last month. He got to work on a $200 3D printer he got for Christmas.

"I 3D-printed a bunch of lower receivers and frames for different kinds of firearms," said Kem.

Then, he drove six hours to Utica.

"And he sees the tote and says, 'how many firearms do you have?' And I said, '110,'" said Kem. This began a haggling and negotiating session with Attorney General's Office staff that lasted all day long.

"And it ended with the guy and a lady from the budget office finally coming around with the 42 gift cards and counting them in front of me," said Kem. "$21,000 in $500 gift cards."

A few weeks ago, NEWSChannel 2 contacted the state Attorney General's Office, asking if they knew this might be happening. They didn't answer the question, responding only that the Utica gun buyback was a big success and that the program, in general, keeps New York families safe.

"I'm sure handing over $21,000 in gift cards to some punk kid after getting a bunch of plastic junk was a rousing success," laughed Kem. "Gun buybacks are a fantastic way of showing, number one, that your policies don't work, and, number 2, you're creating perverse demand. You're causing people to show up to these events, and, they don't actually reduce crime whatsoever."

API

PAF-CA Flyway
Reaction score
You're causing people to show up to these events, and, they don't actually reduce crime whatsoever."
Zealots for a cause are in the moment and not motivated by making sense.