Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

No More China

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by JP, Jul 18, 2020.

1. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

I have made the decision to not purchase any items made in China such as decoys, waders, clothing and all other items. Yes, it will be hard to do but we brought this on ourselves by being cheap bastages and falling for the messages of the yellow dragon. Rationalize all you want but we will all be eaten unless we make the decision to kill the cancer.

2. Mort

Mort Elite Refuge Member

It's hard to buy all made in America. But, we have been trying to do this as much as possible for several years. I just spent more than I have a right to on a recumbent trike made in America. We also just spent a ton on new furniture...all made in America.

3. THEIRCOMMITED10

THEIRCOMMITED10 |Moderator Fishing|Call Sponsor| Sponsor Moderator

:clap:clap:clap

4. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

There are American manufacturers. I worked for one. We competed with Chinese and European goods. Folks talk about buying American but they don't always put their money where their mouth is.

5. take'm

take'm Elite Refuge Member

I'm in the same boat.
    F-china and all the disgusting garbage that comes from that cesspool of a country.

WHUP ! Hen, Banded1, JP and 1 other person like this.
  6. Bullet21XD

Bullet21XD Elite Refuge Member

It would be nice if it were that easy! All I do is hunt and fish, and so much product from both industries is made there...especially fishing. If I did a full boycott, I would be without the bulk of the stuff I use unfortunately. There simply isn't 100% Made In The USA options.

Most other items in every day life, even though may be labeled Made In America, have some Chinese made components. You can't truly know the origins of every part.

7. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

If you really want to make an impact, it's not hunting products you should focus on as that is, at best, "feel good." Even when most of it was made here, it's not as if there were a lot of factories which only made hunting products. Hunting stuff was short run stuff made when there was a break in making primary products. For instance a bluejeans factory making camo pants or tent and awning factory making blinds. The list goes on, but when the mainstream products left, the factories making their stuff shut down. Many hunting companies were left with a choice of going out of business or going overseas.

Until those mainstream big companies come back, hunters have a choice of a very limited variety of expensive domestic products or a wide variety of less expensive stuff. Hunting products are small potatoes in the manufacturing world.

tcc, 5 stand, OneShotBandit and 2 others like this.
  8. Ruination

Ruination Elite Refuge Member

There's a special type of rationale here.

9. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

So did you post your Buy in the USA thread on a phone/computer made in the USA? And a lot of things may say Made in the USA but components of that product are not. It won’t be as easy as you think to buy products that are true USA products.

dukxdog and tcc like this.
  10. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

For what it's worth these are, Beyond any shadow of a doubt, the highest quality and most comfortable work pants I have ever worn. They are entirely made in the USA and all of the Fabrics are sourced in the USA. Yes, they are more expensive than Carhartt's, most of which are made in Mexico. But they're also World better then any of the other workwear products. And if we're keeping score, they're cheaper than Filson and far superior.
    www.1620usa.com