No water

Tailfeathers

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Funny how it had to get this bad for the local government to even start to restrict water consumption like washing your car and watering your lawn. Little too late….I say.

GUNNERX2

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

Deltaman

Senior Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oskar, that pic of the Rio Grand river being dry looks more like a dirt road. As shallow as it is, based on the height of the banks, can't be more than a foot or two deep at full pool :oops:

J.Bennett

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Kind of brings to mind Date groves in Yuma, Arizona. Middle of a desert, if you see green anywhere it means its irrigated. Water I believe comes clear from Calif. to irrigate these crops via pipelines and fields are graded and trenched to let water move gently down rows and not run off. They have to sign up to receive x amount of gallons to irrigate and then water is shut off. Just seems more logical to me to plant these crops where water is readily available but what do I know!
California would never allow a single drop of “its” water to cross its border. The water comes from the Colorado River. The water rights to the river are shared between CA, AZ and 4 other states.

J.Bennett

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
We'd have a lot more water available if we sent the 15 million to 30 million illegal aliens back home!
Probably not. Here in CA (with the largest population of any state) only about 10-15% of our water use is residential/urban. 40-50% is used to keep the watersheds “healthy-ish” and the rest is used for agriculture.

In this country, the average person uses about 85 gallons of water per day between what they drink, use around their house and other personal uses. There is enough water in Lake Tahoe alone to fulfill all the residential/personal use needs of our current US population for almost 300 years. In contrast, the same lake holds enough water to irrigate every acre of corn in Iowa for about 6 years before it would be emptied.

Residential/personal use barely moves the water usage needle, yet it is usually the first sector to see restrictions on use when water gets scarce.

Maybe if there were fewer acres farmed, there would be more water available for all, and to your point, likely fewer illegals as well since we wouldn’t need as many of them for farm labor.

wingmatt

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
In this country, the average person uses about 85 gallons of water per day between what they drink, use around their house and other personal uses.
Thanks for making my point. If we agreed on the lower estimate of 20 million illegals in the US, at 85 gallons per day they use one billion, 700 thousand gallons of water a day!!!!!!

salthunter

Reaction score
All for naught, attending any planning meetings that they already have their narrative set forth to pass is a waste of time,all about tax revenue at ant cost .
Depends on where you are in the proposal, Show up in the beginning with the right information, most planning commissions ar fact driven. Unlike political positions