NORTH DAKOTA INTRODUCES BLAZE PINK BILL

Discussion in 'North Dakota Flyway Forum' started by JDK, Feb 8, 2021.

1. JDK

JDK Moderator Moderator

Will legalizing blaze pink equate to more female hunters? North Dakota hopes so. The state wants to join the nine other states that already pushed to legalize fluorescent pink for big game hunting. Sen. Kristin Roers (R-Fargo) introduced Senate Bill 2143 earlier this year and hopes to bring it before the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee next week, The Bismarck Tribune reports.

Roers says a shopping trip for hunting gear made her realize the need for this type of legislation.

“The options were in orange, only unisex sizes, and in pink, only female sizes,” said Roers. “So my options were to either wear something that fit but wasn't legal, or wear something that didn't fit but was legal.”

SB 2143 would require big game hunters to wear at least 400 square inches of fluorescent orange or fluorescent pink and “allow a camouflage pattern of up to 50% for the two colors.” Roers hopes it will help “modernize” the state law and encourage more hunters to participate, according to The Bismarck Tribune.

North Dakota Game and Fish Department Enforcement Division Chief Scott Winkelman is supportive of the bill, and said, “I don’t think it would hurt anything,” adding that “I think the biggest plus would just be if it can get more people in the field hunting.”

2. KEN

KEN Moderator Moderator

Aready passed the Senate......43 to 4

3. Out of focus

Out of focus Elite Refuge Member

Louisiana allows pink, but haven’t ran across a hunter/huntress with it yet.

4. PorkChop

PorkChop Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I might get me some blaze pink. Maybe that will keep the other hunters away ha ha

hunting1 likes this.
  5. KEN

KEN Moderator Moderator

Chop.....you would then have to put on some of your wife's makeup.:cool::cool:

PorkChop likes this.
  6. PorkChop

PorkChop Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Nobody wants to see that ha ha in all seriousness though me being very colorblind and having a hard time picking out blaze orange when people are around trees with leaves changing or other conditions I wonder how well I would be able to pick out blaze pink.

7. Dirk Van Schmaldlerson

Dirk Van Schmaldlerson Elite Refuge Member

We've had it for a few years here in Wisco. I think I've seen exactly one person wearing it. Honestly couldn't care less about it.

8. ripline

ripline Elite Refuge Member

Have it here is WI for a couple years. Haven't seen anybody hunting in it yet.
    Do see many teenage girls wearing it to school though.

9. duckmann

duckmann Elite Refuge Member

Probably just a ploy to help camo manufacturers to sell more crap.

10. oleww

oleww Elite Refuge Member

I got some pink from a breast cancer campaign years ago that I’ll wear. And if you question my manhood I’ll beat you up.